PDA

View Full Version : SO SAD, just heard Ernie Banks died

KGoldin
01-23-2015, 10:58 PM
I am stunned and saddened that Ernie banks has passed. I spoke to him last a few months ago . He was possibly the nicest player I ever met and dealt with. Every conversation I had he told me I worked too much and enjoy life. He would always ask how my mother was, and made a joke when I told him I had a baby. He was a great person and a great ambassador for the game of baseball . He was loved and will be missed by anyone who ever met him.

twarman17
01-23-2015, 10:59 PM
I am stunned and saddened that Ernie banks has passed. I spoke to him last a few months ago . He was possibly the nicest player I ever met and dealt with. Every conversation I had he told me I worked too much and enjoy life. He would always ask how my mother was, and made a joke when I told him I had a baby. He was a great person and a great ambassador for the game of baseball . He was loved and will be missed by anyone who ever met him.

Well said Ken.

seanbaseball
01-23-2015, 11:33 PM
Met him several times. Great guy! Great Great Great! and also a Great baseball player

ChrisCavalier
01-23-2015, 11:35 PM
Wonderful to hear he was a great person as well as a great ballplayer.

Wrigley2010
01-24-2015, 12:27 AM
I've had the pleasure of meeting Ernie on a few occasions as well. Ernie was always smiling and always had time for his fans. Honestly, I don't think there has ever been another Major Leaguer who cared more about his fans than Mr. Cub did. Ernie was a Hall Of Fame Baseball Player and a Hall Of Fame Human Being.

One of my fondest memories of Ernie was a very recent one. Pearl Jam played at Wrigley Field this past July and the show was delayed for hours because of a nasty storm. Ernie 83 years old waited out the rain till the early morning hours and even took the stage with Eddie Vedder and sang along to the song "All the Way." Ernie was even wearing Eddie's childhood baseball glove which he said he was taking home with him.

metsbats
01-24-2015, 07:16 PM
I had the pleasure of meeting Ernie Banks several times when I used to attend autograph shows back in the 90's. He was the nicest and most personable of all the HOFers I've ever met. A true gentleman and ambassador of the game and a great loss for humanity.

jojac
01-24-2015, 07:37 PM
I met him several times at public signings and each time they were the slowest lines I've ever stood in for a signature. The reason for the long wait was because he wanted to make sure he had some interaction with everyone who came to see him and its for those types of things that he'll be greatly remembered and greatly missed. He just loved people and anyone who met him fell in love with him and his genuine fun loving personality.