PDA

View Full Version : Game-Used Footballs: NFC Championship Game

BVC
01-28-2015, 07:48 PM
This has been discussed ad nauseum due to 'deflate gate', but now here's a chance to put the 'football verification' process to use. According to the NFL, 'game prepared' balls are given to the quarterback, who then chooses 12 which are given to the officials.

We all know that officials mark balls differently at each game, putting their various marks in various positions for each game, and sometimes balls are re-used, so have marks from multiple games. For the NFL Championship game this year, silver markings were put on the balls below the large NFL logo (not so for 'K' balls - they are marked differently). To verify this, I googled pics from the game and found it to be true for every single foot ball where the large NFL logo was showing (except balls used in kicking plays). I stopped looking after locating six photos.

Don't get burned by the NFL.

BVC
01-28-2015, 07:50 PM
Also, note how 'squeezed' the ball in that first pic looks. Can anyone here do that to a football?

COWBOYS4EVR
01-28-2015, 10:52 PM
I tried, and can't. But at 10.5psi it does. 😳

BVC
01-29-2015, 12:46 PM
I guess this is such a well-known bit of NFL/auction house shenanigans that it's not worth talking about.

Okay, blinders back on - sorry for the interruption.