Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NEFAN
    • Jul 2008

eBAy Seller Soxfan213

Does anybody know this seller (Darren Desisto is his name) and is he a member of the forum?
  • VERIS#60
    • Dec 2005

Re: eBAy Seller Soxfan213

What is your question concerning this seller? Bruce

Comment

• NEFAN
      • Jul 2008

I am looking at a SB38 football that was originally sold by him. He stated that he received it from Ken Walters. Just trying to do some research.

Comment

• VERIS#60
        • Dec 2005

He usually responds to questions. Eric Atkinson consigned items with him. He responded to me.

Comment

• yanks12025
          • Jan 2006

Isn't soxfan213 Eric Atkinson account??? Because I sold a bunch of stuff to Eric and they ended up being sold under soxfan213. I sold him a Paul Waner store model bat with inch marks on the knob and it ended up being sold as a Paul Waner game used bat and sadly someone paid $500 for a $100 store model bat.

I have also seen them describe several items incorrectly in the past. Listing a 1970s bat as a 1966 mets bat or sometimes not even listing damage/wear on a bat.

Comment

• teddy406
            Banned
            • Feb 2014

If it's Eric, I've had A LOT of good dealings with him over many years. He's a big Boston collector, and a good dude.

Comment

• yanks12025
              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by teddy406
              If it's Eric, I've had A LOT of good dealings with him over many years. He's a big Boston collector, and a good dude.
              Sorry but "good dudes" don't sell a store model bat as a game used bat from a hall of famer and in their auction listing never mention inch marks on the knob and show a blurry photo of the knob, so people don't see the inch marks.

Comment

• NEFAN
                • Jul 2008

I have also has dealings with Eric. Won't ever deal with him again. Thanks for the info.

Comment

• kellsox
                  • Jan 2006

Been on my "do not deal with" list for years. Not sure if dealing with him has gotten better over time.

Comment

• NEFAN
                    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by NEFAN
                    I have also has dealings with Eric. Won't ever deal with him again. Thanks for the info.
                    Let me clarify my statement. I don't believe he sells bogus stuff, in fact he seems to have some legitimate sources for Patriots stuff and seems to be an OK guy. I based my statement on a couple deals that got messed up.

Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Comment

• NEFAN
                      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by NEFAN
                      I am looking at a SB38 football that was originally sold by him. He stated that he received it from Ken Walters. Just trying to do some research.
                      It was a buy from someone else who got the ball from him, no directly from him.

Comment

Working...