X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marrdar
    • Jul 2011

Royals Fanfest

Hi -

I have noticed some 2014 Royals post season items on ebay, mostly team issued, was the Royals fanfest already held? If so, were there any Royals World Series game used jerseys available?

Thank you for any information.
  • ethanoah
    • Feb 2008

Re: Royals Fanfest

Howdy,

I attended Fan Fest and the selection has gone way down since Royals Charities use to run the game used store at fan fest. They only had a few helmets, a lot of post season bases, a fairly small number of game used bats, and a fair amount of game issued jerseys (players that are no longer with the team). I picked up about 12 jerseys. 10 were MLB holo'd as issued but a few show use. To answer your question I don't think there were any game used World Series items, only issued stuff.

I did happen to get very lucky at the fan fest as I noticed a bat that had "Pito Abreu" on it... Turned out it was a Jose Abreu bat I think the person that runs the store assumed it was a Tony Abreu nickname game used bat as he spent sometime with Royals. If I didn't have that find it would have been a waste of time this year.

Thanks,
    Ethan
    ethanoahkc@gmail.com

Comment

• esigs
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by ethanoah
      Howdy,

I attended Fan Fest and the selection has gone way down since Royals Charities use to run the game used store at fan fest. They only had a few helmets, a lot of post season bases, a fairly small number of game used bats, and a fair amount of game issued jerseys (players that are no longer with the team). I picked up about 12 jerseys. 10 were MLB holo'd as issued but a few show use. To answer your question I don't think there were any game used World Series items, only issued stuff.

I did happen to get very lucky at the fan fest as I noticed a bat that had "Pito Abreu" on it... Turned out it was a Jose Abreu bat I think the person that runs the store assumed it was a Tony Abreu nickname game used bat as he spent sometime with Royals. If I didn't have that find it would have been a waste of time this year.

Thanks,
      Ethan
      ethanoahkc@gmail.com

Did you see or pick up a Paulo Orlando's spring training jersey?

Comment

• magnet51
        • Sep 2013

James,

Noticed that you're a Paulo Orlando collector. Not sure if you already know, but if you go to the Omaha Storm Chasers online store they have a couple P.Orlando GU caps for sale. Plus, they're having a 30% off sale till 4FEB. Hope that helps.

Comment

• ethanoah
          • Feb 2008

James,

There were some Orlando jerseys at fan fest. I didn't pick any up though. Maybe a few will show up on ebay.

Ethan

Comment

• esigs
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by magnet51
            James,

Noticed that you're a Paulo Orlando collector. Not sure if you already know, but if you go to the Omaha Storm Chasers online store they have a couple P.Orlando GU caps for sale. Plus, they're having a 30% off sale till 4FEB. Hope that helps.
            Magnet51, I had seen the caps, but didn't know about the sale, so I appreciate the heads up.

Comment

• esigs
              • Aug 2012

James,

There were some Orlando jerseys at fan fest. I didn't pick any up though. Maybe a few will show up on ebay.

Ethan
              Ethan, thanks for letting me know. I'll also try contacting Justin to see if they still have any left.

Comment

• sportsnbikes
                • Sep 2012

Howdy,

Thanks,
                Ethan
                ethanoahkc@gmail.com

Nice bat. Is it for sale?

Comment

• ethanoah
                  • Feb 2008

I'm open to offers on the Bat.

Email me at ethanoahkc@gmail.com

Comment

Working...