PDA

View Full Version : Alex Rodriguez Fielding Glove Help

3arod13
02-12-2015, 08:18 AM
Alex Rodriguez Game Used Fielding Glove is my #1 want. Based on the Rawlings Dot System in the thread below, the glove in the below ebay auction shouldn't be a 1998 game used fielding glove (has 4 dots). Signature and inscription I know is authentic. Could easily be an error I guess. There is another glove sitting on ebay for some time now with no dots on it, which I not familiar with. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Dot System:
2 Dot- 2002
1 Dot- 2001
5 Dots- 2000
4 Dots- 1999
3 Dots- 1998

RAWLINGS DATE / PATTERN CODING (BLACKHORSE / DOT CODE) THREAD:

http://glove-works.getforum.org/rawlings-date-pattern-coding-blackhorse-dot-code-t1641.html

1998 ALEX RODRIGUE GAME USED FIELDING GLOVE:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141572892654?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

SEAFAN76
02-12-2015, 12:38 PM
Why don't you just call Mill Creek Sportscards and ask them?
Since THEY originally sold it, per the cert listed in that auction.
They might be able to tell you if the cert matches the glove.

They were pretty much THE only ones selling game used stuff from Aroid and Griffey at that time (1998).

3arod13
02-12-2015, 12:49 PM

They were pretty much THE only ones selling game used stuff from Arod and Griffey at that time (1998).

Been in contact with both Scott and Brent over the years on other early arod stuff. Most of the time, they don't recall many of the specifics relating to the items, as it was many years ago.

Based on the Dot breakdown by years, if correct, I would think the glove couldn't be from 1998.

Thanks for replying!

3arod13
02-12-2015, 12:54 PM

They were pretty much THE only ones selling game used stuff from Aroid and Griffey at that time (1998).

I believe the COA is from Coast to Coast, not Millcreek Sports.

SEAFAN76
02-12-2015, 01:19 PM
I believe the COA is from Coast to Coast, not Millcreek Sports.

Yup, pretty much the "same" people...........
Jeff was Coast to Coast. He's no longer in business.
Scott at Mill Creek should be able to tell you though.
If I recall, weren't most of those guys all in business together?

Between Brent at Kirkland SC, Jeff at Coast to Coast, and Scott at Mill Creek, they all had the GU Mariner stuff cornered. Might have even all been partners?

Just trying to help.
I think the only real way to know is to call Mill Creek since Brent and Scott work there, but Jeff is gone (from the business) as far as I know.

3arod13
02-12-2015, 01:23 PM
Yup, pretty much the "same" people...........
Jeff was Coast to Coast. He's no longer in business.
Scott at Mill Creek should be able to tell you though.
If I recall, weren't most of those guys all in business together?

Between Brent at Kirkland SC, Jeff at Coast to Coast, and Scott at Mill Creek, they all had the GU Mariner stuff cornered. Might have even all been partners?

Just trying to help.
I think the only real way to know is to call Mill Creek since Brent and Scott work there, but Jeff is gone (from the business) as far as I know.

Correct! All three did work together and handled all of Arod's game used memorabilia.

I understand you're trying to help! Sorry if my response came across negative and made you feel otherwise.

Will post what response I get from them.

Many thanks!

SEAFAN76
02-12-2015, 01:27 PM
Correct! All three did work together and handled all of Arod's game used memorabilia.

I understand you're trying to help! Sorry if my response came across negative and made you feel otherwise.

Will post what response I get from them.

Many thanks!

No worries.
Heck, you didn't really need my help, I think you already knew all the info I gave you. :o

3arod13
02-12-2015, 01:32 PM
No worries.
Heck, you didn't really need my help, I think you already knew all the info I gave you. :o

In all of my research, I'm aware that many of arod's items were given to those guys back then at later dates and the COA's were done later, some based off the inscriptions. It's possible the glove was inscribed first, then the COA later based on that. I emailed Brent, so maybe he can help.

On this glove, if the DOT breakdown is correct, this glove can't be from 1998.

sportsnbikes
02-12-2015, 11:43 PM
Maybe he got it one year and overlapped it in the next year?

3arod13
02-13-2015, 05:01 AM
Maybe he got it one year and overlapped it in the next year?

Yes, that is possible.

Thanks!!!

3arod13
02-13-2015, 05:08 AM
Received following from a glove expert in the hobby: The dot system is done on a fiscal year. So, 1 dot does not mean 1! If it was that simple Rawlings could have just put the year on the glove. Those dots are for the warranty on the glove. Not authenticate. If it's a Made in U.S.A. Glove it's different than a import glove. Also the black horse code was run backward for one year! So, that glove could have been signed by AROD in 98! The glove on Ebay is ok. But it's not worth that much right now.

Thanks for the help! It is always much appreciated!!

sportsnbikes
02-13-2015, 11:09 AM
This is it right?