PDA

View Full Version : Beware! Kenssportsmarketing ebay

helf35
02-19-2015, 08:18 AM
He's another typical non payer that ebay let's continue bidding. Looking at his feedback he has 8 non payments since August. Since a seller cannot leave negative feedback they leave a positive one with a message of his non paying activities. I filed a claim and forgot to close it and he paid me like 3 weeks later now he is upset because I sent someone else a second chance offer. My fault for not closing it out but seriously how does this guy continue to bid.

3arod13
02-19-2015, 08:52 AM
He's another typical non payer that ebay let's continue bidding. Looking at his feedback he has 8 non payments since August. Since a seller cannot leave negative feedback they leave a positive one with a message of his non paying activities. I filed a claim and forgot to close it and he paid me like 3 weeks later now he is upset because I sent someone else a second chance offer. My fault for not closing it out but seriously how does this guy continue to bid.

Pisses me off that ebay has done this to sellers! Can only leave a buyer positive feedback. Really? Are all buyers perfect? Give me a break!

dwolfe12345
02-19-2015, 08:14 PM
He got me last week. Put in an offer, it was accepted then no payment. That's like 8 or 9 in 6 months. What a bum!

diamond
02-19-2015, 08:55 PM
Ive delt with this many times as well, sucks as the only thing one can do is place him on the EBAY naughty list, at least he will not be able to bid on your stuff anymore that way.... Unless they have multiple ebay accounts...

Wrigley2010
02-19-2015, 11:38 PM
Helf can you list the eBay users exact ID. I tried adding Kenssportsmarketing to my blocked bidder list but it was an invalid ID.

Phil316
02-20-2015, 12:51 AM
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=kenssportsmarketing&ftab=AllFeedback

Wrigley2010
02-20-2015, 01:10 AM
Thanks Phil, not sure why I was able to add it the first time as I see the name Helf listed is correct.

helf35
02-20-2015, 08:23 AM
The real kicker he left me my only negative feedback mark. I'm guessing ebay finally threatened to shut him down if he didn't pay. I bet had I sent it he would have returned it. I contacted ebay but I will be surprised if they change it. The real funny part is he threatened to sue me for not sending him the bat. It's pretty simple, PAY!

xpress34
02-20-2015, 01:45 PM
Not to get off track, but I am tired of sellers that refuse to give feedback to buyers - after the buyer has paid - until the buyer gives them feedback about their item.

As a buyer, once I have paid (in a quick or timely manner of course), I am due a POSITIVE feedback as I have completed my end of the deal.

If a seller refuses to leave me feedback unless I leave feedback first, then neither of us will ever get feedback from the deal.

As a seller, I ALWAYS leave Positive feedback as soon as I am paid, because my buyer has fulfilled their end of the deal. If they don't ever leave me feedback, I can't change that and I won;t write them begging for feedback either.

I will note them though and block them from bidding with me again.

Just my .02.

- Smitty

Jags Fan Dan
02-20-2015, 01:58 PM
Not to get off track, but I am tired of sellers that refuse to give feedback to buyers - after the buyer has paid - until the buyer gives them feedback about their item.

As a buyer, once I have paid (in a quick or timely manner of course), I am due a POSITIVE feedback as I have completed my end of the deal.

If a seller refuses to leave me feedback unless I leave feedback first, then neither of us will ever get feedback from the deal.

As a seller, I ALWAYS leave Positive feedback as soon as I am paid, because my buyer has fulfilled their end of the deal. If they don't ever leave me feedback, I can't change that and I won;t write them begging for feedback either.

Just my .02.

- Smitty
FWIW, I have always agreed 100% with that theory.

earlywynnfan
02-20-2015, 05:08 PM

Just my .02.

- Smitty

There was just a huge go-round about this on another forum.

Let me ask you this: if you buy from me, and you receive the item exactly as described, shipped extremely quickly, with reasonable postage costs, haven't I completed MY end of the deal? Therefore, using your own rationale, you should give me positive feedback whether I've left it for you or not. What's good for the goose is also good for the gander, and doing anything else would be hypocritical!

Also, from what I've experienced on ebay, if I blocked my winners who don't leave positives, I'd lose half my clientele.

ken

danesei@yahoo.com
02-20-2015, 05:31 PM

There's a specific address in California that I won't leave feedback for as a seller. The same person has now won three items from me (different names & IDs) at the same address, and two of the three times, he complained that the item was damaged due to corrosion or fungal growth in the camera lenses. Normally, I would accept this as a legitimate issue, but the problem is I send the item, it arrives in California four days later. 50 or so days after that, I get a complaint from the buyer, who lives in China, that the item is damaged. For this specific situation (China buyer using non-eBay authorized re-shipper), I won't leave feedback as the seller.

sportsnbikes
02-20-2015, 06:42 PM
I leave feedback as a seller when I ship the item usually. I leave feedback for a seller when I get an item, if I'm happy with it.

I couldn't care less if someone leaves me feedback in return. I have better things to worry about.

stricklyweather26
02-21-2015, 01:18 AM
Interesting debate, of which I can see both sides. While I used to immediately leave positive feedback upon payment receipt, as a seller, I've been burned innumerable times by buyers making false claims about items not being delivered (when shipping tracking indicates otherwise), not working, new ones having been opened and used upon receipt, etc. I can't count how many, mainly International buyers, have tried to scam me out of both payment and item by making such false claims. Then when I fight the ebay cases opened against me, which I win but devote time to rectifying, some buyers have gotten pissed and left me negative feedback, to which I have to devote additional time to have removed by ebay. So the dishonest buyers have ruined the process now for all, since I'll be damned if I'm going to leave positive feedback only for them to try and scam me out of both my money and item, and then also leave me negative feedback. Now, regardless of how pleasant the transaction was initially, no buyer feedback is left until I receive appropriate feedback, positive or negative, of my own.

RaiderNationPDX
02-21-2015, 04:50 AM
Interesting debate, of which I can see both sides. While I used to immediately leave positive feedback upon payment receipt, as a seller, I've been burned innumerable times by buyers making false claims about items not being delivered (when shipping tracking indicates otherwise), not working, new ones having been opened and used upon receipt, etc. I can't count how many, mainly International buyers, have tried to scam me out of both payment and item by making such false claims. Then when I fight the ebay cases opened against me, which I win but devote time to rectifying, some buyers have gotten pissed and left me negative feedback, to which I have to devote additional time to have removed by ebay. So the dishonest buyers have ruined the process now for all, since I'll be damned if I'm going to leave positive feedback only for them to try and scam me out of both my money and item, and then also leave me negative feedback. Now, regardless of how pleasant the transaction was initially, no buyer feedback is left until I receive appropriate feedback, positive or negative, of my own.

Agreed. It's nothing personal against anyone, but there are far too many avenues to burn a seller on eBay. As a seller, I leave feedback when it's left for me (or when I receive word that the buyer is satisfied with the transaction), and I totally understand when sellers expect the same from me as a buyer.

akrover
02-21-2015, 02:25 PM
Agreed. It's nothing personal against anyone, but there are far too many avenues to burn a seller on eBay. As a seller, I leave feedback when it's left for me (or when I receive word that the buyer is satisfied with the transaction), and I totally understand when sellers expect the same from me as a buyer.

Amen.

beachpetrol
03-02-2015, 12:05 PM
Buyers can only receive positive feedback. Sellers cannot leave negative feedback to buyers anymore.

Also, feedback is voluntary. It is not mandatory to leave feedback for both buyers and sellers. For buyers or sellers to demand feedback be left, is crazy talk.

recruiter
03-02-2015, 04:14 PM
Agreed with the above. I have been scammed too many times by buyers on eBay, with eBay largely unwilling to address the issues, as illustrated above to immediately offer feedback.

I give positive feedback as soon as the seller does. No sooner, and I have no intention of changing.

xpress34
03-05-2015, 10:06 PM
There was just a huge go-round about this on another forum.

Let me ask you this: if you buy from me, and you receive the item exactly as described, shipped extremely quickly, with reasonable postage costs, haven't I completed MY end of the deal? Therefore, using your own rationale, you should give me positive feedback whether I've left it for you or not. What's good for the goose is also good for the gander, and doing anything else would be hypocritical!

Also, from what I've experienced on ebay, if I blocked my winners who don't leave positives, I'd lose half my clientele.

ken

Ken -

(This is in no way directed at you Ken, just answering your statement)

The point being, as the buyer, I have already paid you before you shipped me anything.

If you are going to try and hold me hostage and refuse to leave feedback until I leave you feedback on your item, then you as the seller can go screw.

I paid and completed my part of the deal FIRST. Therefore, I should receive feedback FIRST.

If you left me feedback when I paid, you will get feedback when I receive.

If you leave me no feedback when I paid, you get no feedback.

Not seeing the argument that this is hypocritical in any way, shape or fashion.

You're argument doesn't hold up. In your scenario, we made and completed a deal with no comments.

Explain to me how I OWE you feedback after I receive the item if you were unwilling to leave me feedback when you received my payment and how I'm a hypocrite if I don't cave and give you feedback 1st?

IF, as a Seller, I did not give feedback as soon as payment is received and then expected others to give me feedback, as a Buyer, when they get my payment, THAT would make me a hypocrite.

Hope we're all good.

- Smitty

xpress34
03-05-2015, 10:08 PM
There's a specific address in California that I won't leave feedback for as a seller. The same person has now won three items from me (different names & IDs) at the same address, and two of the three times, he complained that the item was damaged due to corrosion or fungal growth in the camera lenses. Normally, I would accept this as a legitimate issue, but the problem is I send the item, it arrives in California four days later. 50 or so days after that, I get a complaint from the buyer, who lives in China, that the item is damaged. For this specific situation (China buyer using non-eBay authorized re-shipper), I won't leave feedback as the seller.

In this situation, I agree with you. You've had multiple issues with the same buyer.

At this point, I would block the buyer and never sell to them again.

Just my .02

xpress34
03-05-2015, 10:19 PM

That's why I no longer do any International selling.

And unfortunately, bad buyers that you and other have dealt with have you basically punishing all buyers due to the actions of a few.

That's why - as I said before - I leave feedback when I'm paid as a seller. i cannot control what the buyer is going to do. But I am also very detailed in my ebay listings so that if I do get a bad feedback or what have you, I have my original listing to use as proof to eBay and PayPal as to how the item was represented and I get tracking on EVERY item regardless of price.

I've had few issues on eBay, but one that stands out that made me shake my head - I sold a '68 Topps set. The key cards - Ryan, Mantle, Aaron and Bench - were all rough except the Bench. The set was maybe a 5 or so overall and represented as such with multiple images and scans of the cards front and back.

Almost two months after I sold the set, I get a notice from eBay that a claim has been opened that the set was 'not as described'. The buyer was claiming that I had described the key cards - specifically Ryan and Mantle - as better than they were. I first asked ebay to pull up my ad and look athe large scans of those two that clearly showed the creases, etc - that were also described in the listing - and then I noticed that the person filing the claim wasn't even the name of the buyer on the shipping manifest.

I wrote them and told them to have the ACTUAL buyer contact me and eBay. The next day, the case was closed - from the buyer - as being resolved and no action from eBay.

My guess is that the buyer flipped the set and THEY misrepresented it and when their buyer was unhappy, they allowed him to access their account and try to get me to take the set back from him.

Anyway, sorry to get off track... just had to share that story!

xpress34
03-05-2015, 10:24 PM
Buyers can only receive positive feedback. Sellers cannot leave negative feedback to buyers anymore.

Also, feedback is voluntary. It is not mandatory to leave feedback for both buyers and sellers. For buyers or sellers to demand feedback be left, is crazy talk.

EXACTLY my point.

As far as my stated stance, it started after I had way too many sellers writing telling me that if I liked the item, to leave them POSITIVE feedback - and to make sure I ONLY rated them with 5 stars... and THEN they would leave me feedback.

It was basically a long way around to demanding I leave feedback 1st if I wanted feedback.

I'm sorry so many people have been screwed by bad buyers on eBay, but I didn't do it to you - someone else did.

Making me 'responsible' (for lack of a better word) for someone else's transgression is a pretty crappy way to treat your seller's (imho).

xpress34
03-05-2015, 10:25 PM
Making me 'responsible' (for lack of a better word) for someone else's transgression is a pretty crappy way to treat your seller's (imho).

SORRY - should read BUYER's, NOT Seller's.

tigerdale
08-09-2016, 11:17 AM
Kenssportsmarketing was a nonpayer on one of my ebay auctions in the past couple weeks.

Juicyfruit66
08-09-2016, 11:42 AM
How is he not banned by now?