PDA

View Full Version : 1974 Reggie Jackson Uniform

ossteve
02-23-2015, 03:26 PM
Having owned the Weimerskirch A's collection with over 45 A's knits (72-76) I must say, the 74 Gold Reggie uniform in MEARS current auction is the finest Reggie A's knit jersey and the only A's Reggie pants I have seen.

Unfortunately for me, my ability to continue bidding has been surpassed. That said, a couple of interesting notes from the 74 season that MEARS do not include in their description:

1) Reggie wore a gold jersey in the 74 All-Star game in Pittsburgh and wore gold in games 1 and 3 of the 74 W.S., in fact, he hit his last W.S. HR as an Athletic, wearing a gold jersey in game one of the Series.

2) Would be fun to photo match this jersey to either of those events. It's difficult to conclusively photo match a jersey, with one frontal shot, but there appears to me to be at least a similarity in the fraying on upper left (looking at photo) of the "A" on jersey and that shown in a photo Getty states was taken in July 74 in Cleveland.

3) Am including another Getty shot here, of Reggie running the bases in LA, after hitting his W.S. HR. If anyone has a larger copy, again, would be interesting to compare to actual jersey.

Just my observations on a boring cold Monday!
Steve

sportsnbikes
03-01-2015, 09:26 PM
That is one super jersey!!