PDA

View Full Version : Question About MLB Auctions

Nick_The_Brown
02-24-2015, 12:32 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm using MLB Auctions for the first time bidding on a couple of jerseys. The Jersey I am interested in are from a fairly unpopular player which leads to my question.

They all have Reserves on them. I placed my maximum bid on the site, but what happens if the reserve is not me?

IE I placed $150 as a max bid, but of course the auction style shows the lowest possible bid. If i'm the only one who places a bid or another user places a lowball offer and it doesn't reach the reserve, am I asked If I would like to pay the reserve price for the item? Or do they automatically charge the reserve price if y bid reaches that amount?

Sorry for the noob question but I appreciate any response.

Thanks

onlyalbert
02-24-2015, 04:13 PM
If your bid does not meet the reserve then you will not win the auction. It is up to the team how to proceed. Some teams will contact you and ask if you still want the item and how much you are willing to pay. I know some teams put items out there with a high reserve to gauge interest in pricing an item even knowing that the reserve may never be met. Then they will contact the bidders in order to sell it outright. Teams must pay 25% back to MLB for any item sold on their auction site. So it is in teams interest to strike a deal outside of auction.