PDA

View Full Version : Blue Jays Jersey... What do ya'll think?

commando
03-05-2015, 07:07 PM
I've been asked to sell this jersey for a friend. Problem is, I'm not sure exactly what this is. Of course, the Arizona Fall League patch helps, but I still don't know if this was a gamer. The inside tag does have the "0006" code, which I believe was used for team issued jerseys in the late 1990s. The small Majestic logo on the right sleeve is embroidered. The body is a light blue color, very similar to the original 1970s/80s hue.

Thanks in advance for any comments!

sox83cubs84
03-05-2015, 08:47 PM
Anthony:

Based on the tags and the sleeve logo, we're looking at a likley genuine Arizona Fall League jersey from 1998-99.

Dave Miedema

commando
03-05-2015, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the opinion, Dave! Assuming it's from around that time, the shirt would represent Dave Stieb in 1998 or Graeme Lloyd in 1999. Even though the shirt is a larger size, it's probably too short for the 6'7" Lloyd.

commando
03-06-2015, 12:13 PM
Got some good info from a collector who purchased this style in the past (Thanks, HW!)... He verified that this style was ordered by the Blue Jays for one or more of their Minor League affiliates. None of his jerseys had the AFL patch.

My guess would be that this particular jersey made it's way to Arizona to be sold in the Jays' gift shop during spring training, where the patch was added. The jersey does show use, which probably occurred in the Minors.

sox83cubs84
03-06-2015, 09:26 PM
Not to be a nitpicker, but the Jays have always trained in Florida (Dunedin), not Arizona.

Dave M.

commando
03-06-2015, 09:31 PM
Florida... Got it. Thanks again Dave, for all the info you give us.

It's crazy how some items can be easily photo matched and accounted for, while others weave a tangled web. A jersey ordered by the Blue Jays for their Minor League affiliate, apparently gets worn in the Minors, and later winds up in Florida at Spring Training? Interesting.