PDA

View Full Version : Fanatics Authentic Spectacular - Chicago

dpmancuso
03-07-2015, 05:29 PM
Does anybody know if there are any vendors that sell game used items (jerseys in particular) that are planning on attending the Fanatics Convention in Rosemont, IL later this month?

helf35
03-07-2015, 06:22 PM
The last show I went to before Christmas I think it was November was bare. I found an overpriced Jason Heyward bat and a few Bears game used footballs. There were a few common jerseys sprinkled in here and there but not much.

BIGSTIG
03-08-2015, 04:36 AM
Be it that I live 5 minutes from the convention center I get suckered in almost every show and leave utterly disappointed. Unless you are an autograph collector looking to shell out lots of money to meet your favorite player, or a collector of cards, or a connisuer of concession stand food this probably isnt the show for you.

Dont get me wrong, I have heard of people finding a "diamond in the rough" but in MY OPINION it is nothing more than a sports focused flea market. I will pass this year, especially since the national show will be there a few months later.

1929tudor
03-08-2015, 10:01 AM
Ive been going to this show for years back when George Johnson had it. It now in my opinion isn't as good as it used to be. Like the previous poster said it's more of an autograph show and the inflated prices for those. There is also so many tables there that are promoting there auction house and upcoming auctions so you can't even buy from them so that takes up wasted tables that limits you from buying anything. Not alot of older stuff and the GU stuff is almost extinct, It's a ok show to go if you want to spend a day doing something but for me anymore not worth the 2 hour drive. I'll wait till the National. Just my opinion

dpmancuso
03-08-2015, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the input. I haven't gone to one in a couple years, but I remember it being primarily sports cards, which I'm not into. I might go anyway since im only about 30 min away, but im really looking forward to the National this summer.

twarman17
03-08-2015, 06:25 PM
A few shows ago a table had a bunch of Hanley Ramirez items at crazy prices. Otherwise, there is little to no GU items available at this show. I still enjoy it for the autographs and vendors though. The prices might be a bit high for autographs but I'm not complaining because I appreciate them bringing the players in to sign, and you get a high quality autograph with no pressure to rush through things.

sox83cubs84
03-08-2015, 09:49 PM
Ive been going to this show for years back when George Johnson had it. It now in my opinion isn't as good as it used to be. Like the previous poster said it's more of an autograph show and the inflated prices for those. There is also so many tables there that are promoting there auction house and upcoming auctions so you can't even buy from them so that takes up wasted tables that limits you from buying anything. Not alot of older stuff and the GU stuff is almost extinct, It's a ok show to go if you want to spend a day doing something but for me anymore not worth the 2 hour drive. I'll wait till the National. Just my opinion

Also, those auction houses will usually have the only high-end items of game-used in the room, as they are displayed to promote the upcoming auction they're in..

If you're looking for an ample supply of ame used in Chicago, my recommendation would be to wait for the National this summer.

Dave Miedema

xsentrixsupra
03-11-2015, 08:22 AM
Be it that I live 5 minutes from the convention center I get suckered in almost every show and leave utterly disappointed. Unless you are an autograph collector looking to shell out lots of money to meet your favorite player, or a collector of cards, or a connisuer of concession stand food this probably isnt the show for you.

Dont get me wrong, I have heard of people finding a "diamond in the rough" but in MY OPINION it is nothing more than a sports focused flea market. I will pass this year, especially since the national show will be there a few months later.

I am in fact a connisuer of concession stand food.........I'm in!!! :D

Being that I'm fairly close and there were some names I wanted to see(Ric Flair, Hogan, Joe Montana, Kaepernick, Haley) and my buddy went to Oregon and Mariota is gonna be there, we will probably go. Will be kind of a hassle getting there by train every day but shouldn't be too bad.