PDA

View Full Version : Wes Hodges MLB Authenticated Game Used Bat for 20 bucks

Wrigley2010
03-08-2015, 02:01 PM
So, I just found this bat tucked away in the closet that I use to store some of my gamers. Let me state that I believe this is a Wes Hodges bat but I am not 100% certain. I am also not certain if the MLB Hologram (LH124658) is for the autograph or for the game usage. Unfortunately, MLB's hologram referencing tool is not working at the moment so I am unable to check the holo. The Bat also has a Locker Room Memorabilia hologram on the knob. There is a slight crack in the bat as well but it is still very solid.

Wes at one time was a highly rated prospect in the Indians organization but he never panned out. Actually his Minor League numbers were not awful and in 2007 he was even rated the top power prospect in the Carolina League along with being rated the top defensive 3rd basemen. So there's my sales pitch for this less than desirable gamer... Let the flood of emails commence!!! ;)

$20 covers USPS shipping to the 48, my gas and supplies to ship this beauty. PayPal Friends and Family only, please. If you prefer the added security of a PayPal Invoice for this gem then the cost rises to $20.91.

jdbry1
03-10-2015, 08:26 PM
Wes was on my high school team in Chattanooga TN. I used to give him a hard time at practice as he was an underclassman. He worked really hard and had a good career at Georgia Tech. Unfortunately, he had a stress fracture in his ankle and dropped in the draft and fell off a bit. He was projected a first rounder as a junior in college. It was funny to see his name pop up on this forum. Good luck with the sale.

Wrigley2010
03-11-2015, 11:37 PM
Wes Hodges Futures Game Bat is SOLD

Jdbry that's a great story. Wes was certainly talented.

By the way, when I was finally able to check the hologram on MLB's site, I found out this bat was used by Wes in the 2008 Futures Game. Wes had a double in the game. I did reach out to Wes via twitter offering to give him the bat but got no response.