Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • henson1855
    • Nov 2013

Batting Helmet Help- 80's Phillies St. Patty's Day

Has anyone seen a green Phillies St. Patty's day helmet, or remember seeing them used back in the 80's? I own a Reds St. Patty's day helmet and can find a few on the internet but I cannot find any other Phillies.
    Attached Files
  • Retired Old Guy
    • Aug 2014

Re: Batting Helmet Help- 80's Phillies St. Patty's Day

I collect Phillies helmets. I don't recall seeing a green one, but that was a few years ago. What can you tell me about the one pictured? Could you post any pics of the inside of the helmet? The year it was made might give a clue to narrow the search.

ROG

Comment

• henson1855
      • Nov 2013

Hi Rog,I have had the helmet for a few years, I bought it as a part of a lot with several 80's Orioles helmets. I have never been able to verify these were used, I know they used green jerseys though. Here are a few pics of the date wheel and tagging, thanks for your reply, Mike
      Attached Files

Comment

• Retired Old Guy
        • Aug 2014

I looked at your pics with the wrong glasses on. Tough getting old lol. Its a dotted wheel inside the helmet. Nobody seems to know how to read that wheel so that's out as to identifying the year. I would be interested in the helmet if available. If its not, I'll still try to help finding the year possibly with the style of the p.

ROG

Comment

• ironmanfan
          • Sep 2005

Hunt Auctions is auctioning off a Larry Anderson St. Patrick's Day uniform from 1986, so they most likley wore them in that time period:

http://www.huntauctions.com/live/ima...um=88&lot_qual=

Comment

• sox83cubs84
            Banned
            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by ironmanfan
            Hunt Auctions is auctioning off a Larry Anderson St. Patrick's Day uniform from 1986, so they most likley wore them in that time period:

http://www.huntauctions.com/live/ima...um=88&lot_qual=
            In '86ST the Phillies wore actual game jerseys with green letters, numbers, and pinstripes made by Wilson, These were full-quality game jerseys (like the late 1970s/early 1980s Rawlings-made Reds), not the BP styles that are far more prevelant since then.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• henson1855
              • Nov 2013

Thanks everyone for chiming in. It is the only one I have seen, I don't even know if the Phillies even used these but I will hold on to it and see if another turns up someday.

Comment

Working...