PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady Team issue jersey question

Nickgio999
03-21-2015, 09:41 AM
Hey guys! Im new to the site and i am seeking some advice. I recently purchased a "game issue" signed Tom Brady jersey from 2013. The sig is def legit, and the jersey looks to be to as well. I am just not 100% positive and id really like to be sure for my peace of mind lol. So, here is what i like about this jersey through the tons of research i have done... The stitching matches and is in "V" looking. Under the NFL shield, there are are two pieces of white thread which i have seen on toms jerseys. Name plate dimensions are matched up to that year as well as its size. The seems separating the spandex and nylon also look to be in a good spot in relation to where they are on toms jersey. The only thing I dont like is the elastic bottom... I have yet to see a game worn have the elastic bottom. But in some pics, under his rib protector, it looks as if the jersey could be elastic... This is driving me nuts!! Lol. Im going to post a bunch of pics. What do you guys think? Was this jersey made by the pats for tom but he just didnt wear it? Hence being a team/game issue?? THANKS IN ADVANCE EVERYONE!

Nickgio999
03-21-2015, 09:43 AM
(Srry only way i could figure out how to attach more pics. Sizes were to big)

Nickgio999
03-21-2015, 09:43 AM

Nickgio999
03-21-2015, 09:44 AM

Nickgio999
03-21-2015, 09:46 AM

paul457
03-21-2015, 07:48 PM
So I'll preface what I'm about to say with - your jersey is a very nice piece, and pro cut Nike Brady jerseys are hard to come by.

From the photos I have saved of Nike Bradys, I can see he wears a size 44 and the white tag on the right of the jock tag says 2" S.B. As you noted he also wears a nice non-elastic waistband. Generally Tom Brady 'issued' jerseys don't exist, unless they come with a Pats COA, I've never seen one of those in the wild.

So with those things in mind, my guess is your jersey is a pro cut jersey. Still a very nice piece that will display just like an issued jersey, but there are some slight differences between yours and a true issued jersey.

Nickgio999
03-21-2015, 08:18 PM
Ok man thank you! But where do these procut jerseys come from? Who makes them? Any idea?

BamaHater
03-21-2015, 08:44 PM
Ok man thank you! But where do these procut jerseys come from? Who makes them? Any idea?
NFL Auctions gets pro cut jerseys and letters them into different players so they can sign them. The jerseys are Authentic game style Nike jerseys however they are not always cut the exact way a certain player would wear it or the same size. Real nice jersey with Brady Auto but not a GI jersey.

paul457
03-22-2015, 02:11 PM

No problem.

Your jersey is made by Nike, so it's an authentic piece. It was probably made specifically for a big name signing company (like Steiner or Tri Star) for one of their events. Sometimes you'll even see these floating around ebay, so someone might have a contact at Nike who can get pro cut jerseys.

Tough to tell, but don't let that take away from your jersey. It's still a nice piece, made by Nike, and the auto is certified. If the elastic waist really bugs you, it'd be easy enough to cut that so the jersey displays like a gamer.

Nickgio999
03-23-2015, 12:12 PM
Wow thank you everyone for the responses!

Ok so just so im clear... This jersey was made by NIKE for a NFL auction? Or for Tristar who requested it for a signing? Meaning all the same authentic GAME materials were used but not to Bradys EXACT specifications? What do you think this jersey is worth?

Lastly, any tips on taking out the elastic waistband?

THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE! Those will be my last questions lol

paul457
03-23-2015, 06:12 PM
Wow thank you everyone for the responses!

Ok so just so im clear... This jersey was made by NIKE for a NFL auction? Or for Tristar who requested it for a signing? Meaning all the same authentic GAME materials were used but not to Bradys EXACT specifications? What do you think this jersey is worth?

Lastly, any tips on taking out the elastic waistband?

THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE! Those will be my last questions lol

I don't believe this is an NFL Auctions piece as it would have a NFL PSA / DNA label ad COA. I don't think I've ever seen anything other than Brady GU jerseys come through there. Most likely yours was made for a promotional event, Steiner / Tri-Star, one of those guys.

Please do your homework on the elastic waistband - I am by no means an expert and have never done it. My guess is you could simply cut the band from the inside of the jersey so it would relax the the waistline. It would be safer to take it to a seamstress or tailor and pay the $10-20. You should be able to have it done without pulling the jersey apart.