X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sox83cubs84
    Banned
    • Apr 2009

Pay Pal: Am I lucky or are they faster?

In the past, when I would transfer funds from Pay Pal to my checking account, while they advertised a 3-5 day wait, it was normally a 2-3 day delay, better than advertised, so I was good with that.

However, in my last five money transfers, the funds have been available in my checking account THE NEXT DAY! Obviously I'm thrilled, and this isn't a gripe session...I'm just curious if other GUU readers have also had the same quicker transfers, or if I'm just being watched over by good karma. Thoughts?

Dave Miedema
  • Wrigley2010
    • Sep 2010

Re: Pay Pal: Am I lucky or are they faster?

Dave,

My last three PayPal with-drawls have all taken the standard 3-5 days. With the last with-drawl coming near the end of February so it's possible something has changed recently. I'm betting it's just "good karma" like you stated .

Cheers,
    Joe

Comment

• seanbaseball
      • Aug 2014

I also am at the 2-3 days

Comment

• Samets
        • Apr 2012

About the same as everyone else.

Withdrew money on March 19th and it popped in this am.

Comment

• earlywynnfan
          • Oct 2005

I seem to be getting mine a little faster than in the past, just a day or two.

Comment

• ferro39
            • Sep 2008

i got an email a few weeks ago explaining that certain banks would be transferring the money faster--as soon as 24 hours--where as it usually took 2-3 business days.

to be honest, i havent checked

Comment

• sportsnbikes
              • Sep 2012

I think a lot of it depends on which bank you use. I get mine the next day and I use Bank of America.

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                Banned
                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by sportsnbikes
                I think a lot of it depends on which bank you use. I get mine the next day and I use Bank of America.
                That could well be, although I've used the same bank account (PNC) ever since I signed up for PayPal. Either Pay Pal has sped up its transactions with PNC or PNC itself has been processing it more quickly on their end. Either way, it's a nice change.

Dave M.

Comment

• danesei@yahoo.com
                  • Feb 2014

My bank will post the funds 48 hours after Paypal posts that they've been received by my bank.

Comment

• bgold
                    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by sox83cubs84
                    In the past, when I would transfer funds from Pay Pal to my checking account, while they advertised a 3-5 day wait, it was normally a 2-3 day delay, better than advertised, so I was good with that.

However, in my last five money transfers, the funds have been available in my checking account THE NEXT DAY! Obviously I'm thrilled, and this isn't a gripe session...I'm just curious if other GUU readers have also had the same quicker transfers, or if I'm just being watched over by good karma. Thoughts?

Dave Miedema
                    Received a payment via paypal on Saturday 3/21 afternoon, transferred to my bank account soon after, money was in my account Monday 3/23 morning!

It may be a glitch, but if the speedy transfers continue I will be very pleased!

Only thing I can think of is paypal tightening their marketplace share, probably due to competition, lots of banking apps and payment apps popping up..

Comment

• danesei@yahoo.com
                      • Feb 2014

Also confirming Paypal transfer took one business day (submitted Friday, arrived Monday).

Comment

Working...