PDA

View Full Version : athlete's room

joshmiller0
04-06-2015, 08:39 PM
Stumbled across this..http://www.sportsgrid.com/nba/daniel-gibson-trophy-room/

RMoody
04-06-2015, 10:12 PM
First off, I'm blown away someone wouldn't know what water softner is. If you've never had your own well, ever walked though a Home Depot....or been past a plumbing place chances are you've see the salt bags.

Secondly, who cares what a person chooses to display. Throughout my athletic career Ive acquired something's that are absolutely worthless, when I'm gone they will be thrown out without a second thought. Yet to me, because they have a high personal meaning, I display them. I get asked about them and in turn get to relive some great moments.

In contrast what I never understood was the person who creates a shrine to themselves, in there own home. As what, a daily reminder how great you were....to yourself? I've honestly went into people's homes and see walls full of uniforms and trophies that they wore or won. I keep my stuff, but not for all to see.

UTeric3232
04-07-2015, 11:56 AM
That guy is a hater, and doesnt know what he is talking about.

TJ was a mentor to him, they were both UT PGs, and are both from Houston. TJ would work with him often.

Him and LaMarcus were bffs, they were in the same recruiting class at Texas, both McDAA's....its natural he is going to have gifts from them hanging in the house.

I cant speak on the Billups, but Im sure he was a mentor of some sorts.

joshmiller0
04-07-2015, 01:50 PM
When I found it, I just saw the picture on google and thought the room was pretty cool... When I read the article I was interested to see that it was a player's display. I think there are more articles questioning our hobby than praising it. I've read several questioning the amount of money spent, but as many of you I am sure feel, a lot of the items we get are priceless to us...

chakes89
04-07-2015, 01:56 PM
Looks like a nice collection to me. Side note, whoever wrote that article is a douche!

KGoldin
04-07-2015, 02:21 PM
I can assure each of you, if at any point in my life I wasgood enough to not only play in the NBA, but have a life size cardboard cut out of myself produced and sold, not only would it be on display in my home, but everyone I ever met thru childhood and all family and secondary family members would own one, and an extra stash of 100 would be in the garage!

seanbaseball
04-07-2015, 02:45 PM
I can assure each of you, if at any point in my life I wasgood enough to not only play in the NBA, but have a life size cardboard cut out of myself produced and sold, not only would it be on display in my home, but everyone I ever met thru childhood and all family and secondary family members would own one, and an extra stash of 100 would be in the garage!

LOL agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wfl1974
04-07-2015, 02:55 PM

Now that is truly funny...and true of most of us I'm sure.
I have a memorabilia room, and it has some stuff in it from some of my favorite players, as well as some random sports history stuff...most stuff has a story, and its fun to share the stories with folks, if they want to hear them.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
04-07-2015, 10:50 PM
I can understand having your jerseys and trophies displayed in your house...but a cardboard cut out of yourself....wow...just wow. That is a strange life you must live.