PDA

View Full Version : Help with Christian Vazquez bat

Ryancanon
04-12-2015, 10:07 AM
I was at a Harrisburg Senators game this weekend and saw they had some game used bats in a rack for sale. Upon checking them out I saw that most were Jason Martinson. But then I came upon a Christian Vazquez bat. Being a Red Sox and game used bat fan, I bought it. Now are my questions. I'm pretty sure that there are not, but have there been any other recent guys named Christian Vazquez that would have played AA at Harrisburg. They also had a Lars Davis bat, who played for Reading. So it wasn't only Senators players. It has A LOT of use. My guess is that it may have been a batting practice bat? It has a few blue marks on it. Not sure what they would be. It also has details of the bat written in pen inside the cap of the bat. I am new to game used collecting so I don't really know much of anything. So any little detail please don't leave out. Thanks in advance

Sorry for my son's feet being blurry in one of the pics. He loves bats

godwulf
04-12-2015, 11:19 AM
According to the Baseball Cube, there have been two other players with that name in pro baseball the past few years, but neither has played higher than single-A ball. Given that your CV played double-A for Portland in '12 and '13, I'd say there's a really good chance that it's the right guy.

What were they charging for bats at that park, btw? I've got a limited experience of minor league parks, having only been to a couple - Mobile, and down in Tucson when the triple-A Padres were there - but in both places they were only wanting $20-25 for their gamers, which I thought was awesome.

Ryancanon
04-12-2015, 12:13 PM
They are all broken bats(which I find obvious but maybe it's not). Unsigned bats were all $20. Signed were $40. So yes, I paid $20 for it. They only accept cash

godwulf
04-12-2015, 12:41 PM
A crack or two in a bat certainly doesn't deter me - particularly if the price is right. Some collectors don't want them, which I personally find odd, but to each his own.