PDA

View Full Version : Heritage David Woodley Miami Dolphins

Cubanfan
04-22-2015, 12:16 PM
A fellow Dolphins collector brought this one to my attention. I'm hoping someone can shed light on it. The label is pre 1980. The Dolphins stopped wearing "sewn on" numbers in the early 70's (started again in the 90's). During all the 80's everything was screened on. He nor I can locate a picture of Woodley with tackle twill numbers. Was this a sample? One game wonder? Team issue? It did receive a 10 rating from Mears. Any feedback or help in a photo match is appreciated. Thanks.

http://sports.ha.com/itm/football-collectibles/uniforms/1980-david-woodley-game-worn-miami-dolphins-jersey-mears-a10/a/7135-82698.s?type=bidnotice-tracked-dailystatus

Carlos

Always buying vintage Miami Dolphins

Fernsix@aol.com

JackHE
04-22-2015, 12:50 PM
Can't help specifically with any Dolphin knowledge but this is apparently part of the "Kindler" collection. Several jerseys from this collection were in the previous HA auction, also many having 10s from MEARS. My issue is that MEARS seems to have been "very kind" giving out 10s for what appears to me as Game Issued at best. Many jerseys looked pretty legit while others looked "untouched" in terms of game use. As you are doing, digging for info and simply not taking a 10 as absolute proof will keep any collector from later regret.

JE