Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DoctorLoomis
    • Nov 2007

Michael Jordan Game Worn Jersey

What do you guys think of this shirt? Paying thousands for a jersey with no provenance, no photo match, etc is a hard pill to swallow. Basketball jerseys are so easy to fake....not saying this one is. Opinions welcome......

ALWAYS buying PHOTO MATCHED Marcus Allen and Anfernee Hardaway jerseys. Also always buying Tennessee Volunteer jerseys and anything Tony Delk.
  • sox83cubs84
    Banned
    • Apr 2009

Re: Michael Jordan Game Worn Jersey

I'm not gonna declare it as game used unless I see it up close, instead of from a photo. That said, the photos show good signs...I can't guarantee it but I wouldn't abruptly dismiss it, neither.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• nickacs
      • Apr 2009

I agree with Dave, that the jersey "looks" good, but as far as true game use, it's impossible to tell just from the auction pics. The 50 +4 is ok and the NOB drop/letter heights look good too.

That's why I only buy mid-late 1990's Jordan game worn jerseys if it came from one of their past CharitaBull auctions with team letter/receipt. Otherwise I don't touch it. Just my personal opinion, but this HA one might be good, just can't discern any game use.

Good luck!

Comment

• DoctorLoomis
        • Nov 2007

Guys what about the size 48 +4 jerseys from this time period that other auctions have sold? Is 50 + 4 rock solid?
        ALWAYS buying PHOTO MATCHED Marcus Allen and Anfernee Hardaway jerseys. Also always buying Tennessee Volunteer jerseys and anything Tony Delk.

Comment

• DoctorLoomis
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by nickacs
          I agree with Dave, that the jersey "looks" good, but as far as true game use, it's impossible to tell just from the auction pics. The 50 +4 is ok and the NOB drop/letter heights look good too.

That's why I only buy mid-late 1990's Jordan game worn jerseys if it came from one of their past CharitaBull auctions with team letter/receipt. Otherwise I don't touch it. Just my personal opinion, but this HA one might be good, just can't discern any game use.

Good luck!
          Is this size a problem?

Comment

• sox83cubs84
            Banned
            • Apr 2009

I believe that both are acceptable in 1997-98. Keep in mind, this was the first year Nike supplied the Bulls. Prior to that, from 1990-91 through 1996-97, Champion supplied the Bulls, and his size in that time frame was pretty consistent at 46 +3".

Dave M.

Comment

• ron.grazi
              • May 2014

I guess the question is “Has Heritage Auction made a mistake before and sold a Jordan jersey as game worn when it wasn’t?” And if I was to bid and win the jersey how and where would I be able to get it authenticated? Very interested in getting a Jordan gamer, or even the game worn shoes they have listed, but would like it to be authenticate.

Comment

Working...