PDA

View Full Version : Fading - UV damage

Qstick333
01-12-2007, 08:38 PM
As I get deeper and deeper into this hobby I was wondering about UV damage. I realize direct sunlight is a bad idea, but can UV's come from other sources? I thought that I read they could come from flourescent lights?

I am thinking of framing a few jerseys and displaying them at my office. There is a minimal amount of sunlight as I keep the blinds pulled the majority of the day, but the overhead 4' flourescents are on 10-12 hours daily.

I've been thinking of the acrylic frames shown in some of the threads here ( I cannot seem to post a link) that are 4" wide by Bob Brickner. However, these cases only offer 15% UV blocking. Am I going to be dissapointed in fading of the jerseys in my office environment with these frames? How about Sharpie signatures?

Currently everything is at my home in closets etc...but I really feel like I should be displaying items such as jerseys, bats etc...

Thanks for all the help,

Zach

Qstick333
01-13-2007, 09:15 PM
100 views with nothing.....anyone have any experience with a jersey in an office environment? Did it fade - if not, what did you do to protect it?

Anyone...?

suave1477
01-14-2007, 04:51 PM
Well I am not sure if the lights in your office will harm the Autographs or Jersey??

But I think this is a pretty logical answer!!!

Do you like the Autographs? Yes Are you asking this question because you care about the longevity of your Jerseys? Yes

Then why take a chance on displaying them in %15 uv protection?

Have it done in %100 UV protection!! and then have no worries!!!

Qstick333
01-14-2007, 05:40 PM
I would love to have it done in 100% UV protection - however, I haven't found that in my searches so far. The only company that will actually specify a number that I have found is the 15%, and I know several people on this forum have them from looking through the old posts. I thought someone might chime in on their experiences....if you know of a place with 100%, by al means, drop a link.....

ZH

sandman02910
01-14-2007, 06:11 PM
Zach,
Try teamlogocases.com (http://www.teamlogocases.com). A bit pricey on the UV protection but it is 100%.
Thanks
Scott