PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what i have.

babyblueseries2
12-20-2005, 09:52 PM
If there is anyone here that is farmiliar with game used hockey sticks, your help will be greatly appreciated. I was cleaning out a friends garage when I found what appeared to be a game used hockey stick. My friend told me that it belonged to a guy named David of the Detroit Redwings or possibly one of his teammates sometime in the 1990's. He told me that he was a neighbor of Davids for sometime in Pickerington, Ohio and gave him pieces he and his teammates used frequently. I have very little knowledge of hockey and really need help on any information for this stick. It appears to be a sherwood pmp 7000. Down the long side it reads 'PMP 700 FEATHER BALANCED SHERWOOD'. Down the other side it reads 'STYLE-44 GAUCHER L.H. PMP 7000 FEATHER BALANCED SHERWOOD'. It is blue with white writing and has white tape on the end, about midway down the stick, and along the blade with a red, blue, and chrome sticker connecting the blade to the stick. In a script type of writing it also reads 'Drolet'. Any information at all will be greatly apreciated.

MooseDog
12-21-2005, 12:11 PM
It should have a name stamped somewhere along the skinny side of the shaft of the stick. If Gaucher is the name, I can't find any reference to a 'David' Gaucher who played for the Red Wings.

There are several Gaucher's who played minor and junior hockey but none made it to the NHL.

There is virtually no difference between the sticks used by the players and the ones you can buy in any hockey store.

Nathan
12-21-2005, 04:47 PM
"GAUCHER" is actually French to indicate that the the stick is left-handed.

It's most likely a Drolet (first name unknown; possibly Jimmy Drolet, whose career as an NHL prospect coincides with when these sticks were more popular) model stick used by a different player. There's literally hundreds of stick models used by players that have virtually no difference between them and the next one; most sporting goods stores only stock the ones with a huge difference between styles.

psmachetti
12-21-2005, 05:23 PM
Drolet in script is on most if not all hockey sticks, I believe near the bottom of the shaft. It is not a players name. It's in cursive.Players names are not stamped on sticks in cursive but in block letters. If it doesn't have a player's name stamped on the shaft somewhere then in all likelihood it is not a game used ,but store bought stick.
Paul

babyblueseries2
12-21-2005, 09:20 PM
Thanks a lot so far with all the help. With this feedback i can come in a try to make things a little more clear so maybe it can help more. Im not sure if Davids last name was Gaucher but i do know for certian his first name was David. The stick could have belonged to a friend of Davids. The scrip 'Drolet' does appear in cursive and further down the bottom of the stick so i dont think that is the name stamp. Thank you Paul, Nathan, and MooseDog