PDA

View Full Version : MLB Authentication hologram question

CncertLuvr
05-10-2015, 11:24 AM
Looking at buying a baseball that is autographed. My issue with the ball is the authentication sticker has a small piece missing from the bottom edge. It looks as if it may have came off when the authenticator pulled the sticker off the holograms original paper to attach it to the ball. The authentication checks out in the MLB authentication database. Do you think this could indicate a fake? My guess is unlikely due to the authentication checking out in the MLB database. Second question is would this small imperfection be a deal breaker on obtaining a ball for you? Thanks for your input! :)

Michael

danesei@yahoo.com
05-10-2015, 06:24 PM
Looking at buying a baseball that is autographed. My issue with the ball is the authentication sticker has a small piece missing from the bottom edge. It looks as if it may have came off when the authenticator pulled the sticker off the holograms original paper to attach it to the ball. The authentication checks out in the MLB authentication database. Do you think this could indicate a fake? My guess is unlikely due to the authentication checking out in the MLB database. Second question is would this small imperfection be a deal breaker on obtaining a ball for you? Thanks for your input! :)

Michael

It's probably okay, but for me, personally, I wouldn't buy a ball with a damaged holo. My reasoning is that unless I caught the ball, I'm basically buying that sticker.