PDA

View Full Version : Lee Mazzilli

anthony3133
05-11-2015, 11:00 AM
Really interested in a Mazzilli gamer, looking for one that's uncracked, good tar, and good use. Just heard about one that went up on ebay yesterday that I would love to offer the new owner a very nice profit above purchase price if anyone here bought it or knows the buyer. Thanks.
Anthony
Anthonylong31@hotmail.com

TNTtoys
05-11-2015, 11:59 AM
Anthony,

I saw the Mazzilli gamer on ebay yesterday, and having owned many Mazzilli bats in my time (and still do own a bunch), I have never seen this particular tar pattern on any of them. Could you find a photo of him out there with this kind of characteristic???

Nick

anthony3133
05-11-2015, 02:18 PM
Nick,
Thanks for the info.
You are most definitely the authority on the subject.
I would like to add a Maz more out of sentiment in that he was one of my dad's favorites.
I have no standard in which to compare usage characteristics. I liked the bat and thought the source was pretty solid.
I appreciate the education, makes me feel better about being late to the party on this particular bat.
Thanks again and best regards,
Anthony

TNTtoys
05-12-2015, 11:09 AM
Nick,
Thanks for the info.
You are most definitely the authority on the subject.
I would like to add a Maz more out of sentiment in that he was one of my dad's favorites.
I have no standard in which to compare usage characteristics. I liked the bat and thought the source was pretty solid.
I appreciate the education, makes me feel better about being late to the party on this particular bat.
Thanks again and best regards,
Anthony

Anthony,

I am not at all saying that the source is bad and am also not saying that it is not a legitimate Lee Mazzilli gamer. The knob writing is correct for a "MAZ" gamer. The tar pattern however made me think that the bat could have had some use by someone else afterwards.

Nick

metsbats
05-12-2015, 11:55 AM
I found some images on Getty of Maz batting which can be compared to the Rangers bat.