PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Cubs Convention

smillard12
01-14-2007, 10:00 AM
I'm taking my daughter to the Cubs convention next weekend, can anyone comment on the quality/quantity of GU stuff sold at these Cubs fests (if any)? Also, if you have attended in the past how long are the lines for autographs typically (I realize that it depends on who is signing but are we talking 60 minutes + in line?) Thanks for whatever insight is shared.

Steve

RobSteinmetz
01-14-2007, 01:37 PM
Steve,

I've attended the Cubs Convention at least 15 times...but haven't chased autographs in well over 10 years. The crowds are HUGE, and the lines seem endless. In my estimation, your two best shots for autographs come in the "kids only" line, and on Friday afternoon during the "autograph hunt" game immediately following the opening ceremony. The game used memorabilia that is available for sale to the public isn't that great (a lot of common stuff), but they do auction off better stuff throughout the weekend. They don't do the auctions by a schedule, so you have to be in the room almost all weekend to catch the good stuff. On a side note, if you and your daughter don't mind taking a gamble, you might also consider hanging out in the Hilton foyer to catch players arriving and/or leaving the hotel...I've heard that is the best way to get multiple autographs.

I hope this helps...see you there!