PDA

View Full Version : Pink Bats are UP!!!!

brianborsch
05-21-2015, 06:43 PM
The Mother's day bats are up for auction! A couple of sweet Joc Pederson bats in there! I'm eyeballing those!!!

johnsontravis@ymail.com
05-21-2015, 09:08 PM
What garbage selection this year. Only a couple really nice bats and a boat load of cleats. Where does all the extra stuff end up? I am pretty sure every player wore the pink undershirt...yet only a few make it to auction? Only a few bat weights and I am pretty sure every team had one. No pink necklaces(did they wear those this year?). There is like one or two pink sleeves. I understand some players keep things...but really? This is all MLB has?

Horrible selection all across the board.

SEAFAN76
05-22-2015, 09:11 AM
I got a Mother's Day base, with the pink ribbons. And it turned out to be Felix Hernandez' 2,000th strikeout!http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo183/RW3FAN/may10_2015_SEA_OAK_zpsctaqdw1q.jpg

BirdsOnBat
05-22-2015, 11:39 AM
Cards have just one bat up, an Adams that was used by Reynolds. I kinda actually want the Kozma pink Sam Bat he used for 1 ab. Kozma's kind of a running joke in my house when referring to an error in judgement. "I pulled a Kozma and forgot the milk, sorry"

Nick_The_Brown
05-22-2015, 07:12 PM
They have a ton of items up from my favorite player, mike mckenry!!

lakeerie92
05-23-2015, 12:04 AM
None of the Padres or Diamondbacks pink bats are up

Sioux4Ever
05-23-2015, 09:13 AM
Any one know why MLB only kept a small handful of items??? More guys getting sentimental and wanting to keep their items or give them to their moms maybe??? My Twins only have 5 items up and almost every guy wore pink items during the game.....especially my boy Herrmann, yet none of his items made it to auction.

HawaiiSportsNut
05-23-2015, 02:33 PM
I am getting one of Kolten's bat from this year from my local connection. If anyone that goes to the Twins games can find me a Kurt Suzuki pink bat, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Rick

zukfan.hawaii@gmail.com

Sioux4Ever
05-23-2015, 03:48 PM
I am getting one of Kolten's bat from this year from my local connection. If anyone that goes to the Twins games can find me a Kurt Suzuki pink bat, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Rick

zukfan.hawaii@gmail.com

Rick,
From what I'm hearing the Twins only had what is going to auction and the players were free to do with whatever they wanted with their items. So they may end up at the in stadium store but who knows.......

HawaiiSportsNut
05-23-2015, 05:48 PM
Rick,
From what I'm hearing the Twins only had what is going to auction and the players were free to do with whatever they wanted with their items. So they may end up at the in stadium store but who knows.......

Hopefully I will see it for sale somewhere. This is the first year that I saw Kurt Using a pink bat. I need one for my collection, I don't care if it is used or issued.

Thanks,
Rick

johnsontravis@ymail.com
05-24-2015, 09:38 AM
One of the bat weights is already approaching $200...people have gone bananas.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
05-24-2015, 09:53 AM
Any one know why MLB only kept a small handful of items??? More guys getting sentimental and wanting to keep their items or give them to their moms maybe??? My Twins only have 5 items up and almost every guy wore pink items during the game.....especially my boy Herrmann, yet none of his items made it to auction.

I asked the Brewers a year or two ago and the told me that the team does not get anything other than baseballs and bases. Everything else is given to MLB.

I don't get it. Every single Brewers undershirt was authenticated so I doubt a player kept any of them. The arm bands seem to lack authentication as do the sleeves. Maybe they wash them and reuse them next year?

A lot unaccounted for...MLB must enjoy hoarding in a warehouse in NY.

Sioux4Ever
05-24-2015, 10:56 AM
I asked the Brewers a year or two ago and the told me that the team does not get anything other than baseballs and bases. Everything else is given to MLB.

I don't get it. Every single Brewers undershirt was authenticated so I doubt a player kept any of them. The arm bands seem to lack authentication as do the sleeves. Maybe they wash them and reuse them next year?

A lot unaccounted for...MLB must enjoy hoarding in a warehouse in NY.
What I thought is maybe they were gonna start doing what the NFL does and start auctioning the stuff off throughout the year.......as far as Twins stuff is concerned though only the items on the MLB auction were authenticated plus the line up card.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
05-26-2015, 04:59 PM
I emailed MLB Auctions and they told me what is at auction is what the teams sent them. I guess teams don't have to send everything they authenticated. So the rest goes to players or into the respective teams dungeon likely never to be seen again.

lakeerie92
05-26-2015, 07:25 PM
Last season the authenticators at PETCO were responsible for gathering all of the items to be mailed back to MLB. They actually mailed them instead of the team. This year the game was on the road in Arizona and we ended up getting a Venable pink bat and a pink bat weight from the game with the road trip items, but there were still pink bats used by Kemp, Upton, Amarista and Gyorko at the very least that were used and I have no idea what happened to them. I was hoping to buy the Kemp or Upton myself.

lengthwise1
05-27-2015, 09:32 PM
The Rockies posted a bunch of "game used" stuff for guys who didnt even play....

lengthwise1
05-27-2015, 09:33 PM
The Rockies posted a bunch of "game used" stuff for guys who didnt even play....

I should have said, MLB posted a bunch of Rockies stuff that seems improperly labelled game used