PDA

View Full Version : Letterman Jacket Collectors? Curious about A Gators Jacket

GoGators
05-25-2015, 11:07 AM
Just added a Florida Gators letterman jacket to my collection as part of a recent acquisition and am trying to learn some more about the market for these jackets. Does anyone collect them? Any ideas on value or how often they come available?

It's extremely heavy, high quality - size XXL with player's name in the tag. I've seen a couple of these listed on sportsrings.net, but no prices are listed.

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab132/robertceagle/F9DF440E-6AF7-49CC-8CEA-AE70D0667E86.jpg
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab132/robertceagle/1121A056-D1FA-4750-9929-DFE429E44F24.jpg

Thanks!

gatorfett
05-26-2015, 01:18 PM
I saw this on ebay a while ago. I don't know of anyone collecting letterman jackets so I wouldn't know what it would be worth. If it were tied to a particular player, it may be worth more to someone but I've just never heard of anyone collecting these.

Due to the recent decision by UF and other universities to stop selling game used jerseys entirely, items such as these may become more valuable as time goes on. Just pure speculation as I personally don't see myself participating.

Gain some weight and wear it during the winter!

godwulf
05-26-2015, 03:26 PM
Several years ago, I was messing around on eBay and saw a very cool-looking '70s varsity letterman's jacket from John F. Kennedy High School in Sacramento...which probably wouldn't be that collectible if it hadn't had the owner's name embroidered on the back: "Robert J. Reynolds". It was about to end without any bids, so on a whim I bought it. It's the only item of that nature that I've ever collected, and I will probably let it go sometime if a big R.J. Reynolds fan comes forward with a decent offer. :D

GoGators
05-27-2015, 08:31 PM
I saw this on ebay a while ago. I don't know of anyone collecting letterman jackets so I wouldn't know what it would be worth. If it were tied to a particular player, it may be worth more to someone but I've just never heard of anyone collecting these.

Due to the recent decision by UF and other universities to stop selling game used jerseys entirely, items such as these may become more valuable as time goes on. Just pure speculation as I personally don't see myself participating.

Gain some weight and wear it during the winter!

That must have been another one from eBay, but I'd be curious to find out what that one sold for. The player's name is in the tag, so I do know who wore it. He's now a starter in the NFL, so that's pretty cool.

I misspoke about the size - it's a 3XL - so maybe it'll make a good sleeping bag. Either way, it looks good hanging in my Gator room :)