Ever get feedback from an athlete on your collection?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gingi79
    • Aug 2007

Ever get feedback from an athlete on your collection?

This next NFL season is the 50th anniversary season of the Miami Dolphins. As part of the celebration, they asked fans to tweet about when you became a fan and share as a #sincemoment. Truth is I was a casual fan before 1993 and when I became engrossed my favorite player was OJ McDuffie. I remember sending him a card to sign and he sent it back within 2 weeks. To a 14 year old, that's reason enough to be a lifelong fan.

So when I posted "Since @ojmcduffie81 ran his first punt back for a TD in 1993 #sincemoment Then, Now, For Life #FinsUp " and included my rookie and final season game worn jerseys, the Fish added me to the wall of comments and Juice favorited the photo on Twitter.

For the record, this is the second time one of my players reached out, the first can be found here: http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ight=matt+diaz

It's too bad my other players don't do the twitter thing!

Anyone else have an experience when they player you collect acknowledged your collection in person or over the internet? I get the feeling many would be flattered and might reply (as long as it's not MJ or LeBron or Manning with millions of followers)
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

• dmb71vw
    • Feb 2013

Re: Ever get feedback from an athlete on your collection?

I enjoyed watching OJ play at Penn State. I live in the town that Penn State is in and was exposed to him a lot. Great guy. One of my PSU favorites also.

Comment

• SEAFAN76
      • Jan 2015

Re: Ever get feedback from an athlete on your collection?

Yup, all three of my game used Seahawks jersey got replies on twitter. Most just said thanks for the support. Two guys in person said "wow, that's a NICE jersey". Then I pointed out it was a gamer. They barely knew the difference, but knew it wasn't a cheap fan version.

Comment

Working...