PDA

View Full Version : 10,000 members for GUU

dougiedshow
06-15-2015, 09:07 AM
That's pretty cool... we just broke 10,000 members for our community!

metsbats
06-15-2015, 08:09 PM
Congratulations Chris on this milestone!

ChrisCavalier
06-16-2015, 11:37 AM
Congratulations to everyone here!

People clearly come here because they feel a sense of community and they are benefitting from the information shared on this site.

Thanks to everyone for making GUU a fantastic resource for any game used collector.

-Chris

momen55
06-16-2015, 11:39 AM
it's odd because questions go unanswered for weeks. there is not that much traffic here like there used to be.

kellsox
06-16-2015, 05:33 PM
Definitely not as much traffic and I'd be surprised if even 1/3 of the 10k have posted in the last year.

metsbats
06-16-2015, 07:39 PM
The 90-9-1 rule simply states that:

90% of all users are lurkers. They read, search, navigate, and observe, but don't contribute
9% of all users contribute occasionally
1% of all users participate a lot and account for most of the content in the community
This is the 90-9-1 rule of internet community participation (blogs, forums, etc) Based on this there are only about 100 of us who generate the most content here.:)

sqzplay6
06-16-2015, 09:38 PM
You are probably correct with the 90/9/1 rule, though that can be applied to most subjects. I am a new collector with a year in, and fall into the 90 category. I have purchased a few bats from members but mostly read, search, and soak up as much info as possible. I do this with the hope of becoming part of the 9% soon and one day the 1%. Most people would benefit from listening more and talking less. No one should feel bad about sitting back and learning before speaking up, or asking questions that may seem silly to veterans. To the 9 and 1, thank you for being willing to share your knowledge and experience. You are what will sustain the life of this hobby for us newbies so that the cycle continues.

Regardless of the level of activity, 10k members is an accomplishment.

Dhesketh
06-27-2015, 03:47 PM
You are probably correct with the 90/9/1 rule, though that can be applied to most subjects. I am a new collector with a year in, and fall into the 90 category. I have purchased a few bats from members but mostly read, search, and soak up as much info as possible. I do this with the hope of becoming part of the 9% soon and one day the 1%. Most people would benefit from listening more and talking less. No one should feel bad about sitting back and learning before speaking up, or asking questions that may seem silly to veterans. To the 9 and 1, thank you for being willing to share your knowledge and experience. You are what will sustain the life of this hobby for us newbies so that the cycle continues.

Regardless of the level of activity, 10k members is an accomplishment.

Nailed it. At least for me. Learn quietly, and we will contribute when we've learned enough to have something worth contributing.

AKSaint
06-27-2015, 10:12 PM
Congratulations to everyone here!

People clearly come here because they feel a sense of community and they are benefitting from the information shared on this site.

Thanks to everyone for making GUU a fantastic resource for any game used collector.

-Chris

Thanks to you and all the moderators Chris! It is great to have a place to share my pickups and to see other people's items as well as learn from their experience!