PDA

View Full Version : Auction Sneak Preview- PLEASE REPLY Does a SUNDAY Matter?

KGoldin
06-22-2015, 01:30 PM
Hi all
looking for responses from those who participate in our GUU sneak preview nights with prizes.
DOES IT MATTER that is be on a SUNDAY?
the reason I ask is the logical date for us to open the sneak preview for our summer auction (Live at National 7/31 and Catalog internet auction 8/8) is Sunday night July 5th

however , there are some issues with us opening it then, mainly that entire weekend is July 4th weekend.

Does it matter if its July 5th vs say Tuesday July 7th? As long as its the exact same schedule and time, and its still a sneak preview open to GUU members?

chime in here

KGoldin
06-22-2015, 01:36 PM
What I am looking for, is this going to effect your availability or are you good either way (and especially do you prefer it NOT be on july 5th due to holiday weekend)

sherbal15
06-22-2015, 01:40 PM
Ken,

Can you email information on how to participate?

asset_stlouis@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Alex

danesei@yahoo.com
06-22-2015, 01:42 PM
7th works better for me, simply because I generally don't do much of anything on Sundays, which means I miss out on the preview and most of the bid war.

TNTtoys
06-22-2015, 03:11 PM
Many people make plans for the long weekend and would like to participate in the sneak preview event w/ the prizes. For that reason, I would prefer the 7th as well.

KGoldin
06-22-2015, 03:45 PM
Many people make plans for the long weekend and would like to participate in the sneak preview event w/ the prizes. For that reason, I would prefer the 7th as well.

That's what I am thinking as well. I know my wife will be annoyed if I tell her I cut the holiday weekend short and need to be online all night...and I imagine others the same!

ChrisCavalier
06-22-2015, 04:36 PM
I would have to echo the sentiments already posted. I think many people will have plans over the 4th of July weekend and would probably not want to truncate their weekend plans to be able to bid in the preview event. Definitely Tuesday in my opinion.

seanbaseball
06-22-2015, 05:26 PM
7th please. Makes my wife and thus life happier!

johnsontravis@ymail.com
06-22-2015, 07:19 PM
7th please. Makes my wife and thus life happier!

I can't speak for you...but I bet my significant other would be much happier if I didn't bid period.:D :D :D

rchimes13@yahoo.com
06-23-2015, 02:14 PM
7th for sure!

dpmancuso
06-23-2015, 02:22 PM
I agree with the others. The 7th works best.

truvalue123
06-23-2015, 03:02 PM
I am going to deviate slightly...for me, SUNDAY is clearly the preferred day vs a Tuesday, with the exception of the holiday weekend. I would prefer the 12th over the 7th..there is so much noise during the week...if you are in EST, you may get caught at work, you may be at a ballgame, you may at a child's game, you may be stuck on a train or a bus...or, if you are on the West Coast, you are still at work trying not to get caught bidding..if you are in the Mid west you are likely in middle of commute...I realize there will be someone with a Sunday conflict, but, there are FARRRR fewer chances than during the week...I know I am really focused during the Sunday preview, and, I would not be able to have the same focus during the week.
That being said,I think a slight favor to Tuesday vs holiday weekend.
Hope this perspective helps.