Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yanks12025
    • Jan 2006

Forum problems

Has anyone else experienced the forum being down for several hours almost every single day????
  • Samets
    • Apr 2012

Re: Forum problems

I wish the e-mails with subscriptions to threads would work...

Comment

• johnsontravis@ymail.com
      • Dec 2013

Pretty typical for me almost every day. Usually in the morning hours, but last night it was in the night too.

Comment

• Swoboda4
        • Nov 2005

yes after 3am

Comment

• beachpetrol
          • Aug 2013

Not being able to edit your own posts is another problem. They should fix that too.

Comment

• metsbats
            • Nov 2005

This thread from 2010 will give some insight.
            metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• gorilla777
              • Aug 2009

Was the forum off last night late to bid in GFC? I think it might have ended early this morning, from what I can tell...

Comment

• BirdsOnBat
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by gorilla777
                Was the forum off last night late to bid in GFC? I think it might have ended early this morning, from what I can tell...
                Somewhere around 9-9:30am est.

Comment

• lakeerie92
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by metsbats
                  http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ght=Edit+posts

This thread from 2010 will give some insight.
                  Outages almost daily for this entire week.

Like you mentioned that thread is from 2010. Edit features seem to work just fine in other non sports forums I am a part of and 5 years is a long time to keep things the same in the internet world. This forum is not getting the attention or progress it deserves.
                  Russell Wuerffel
                  Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
                  lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Comment

• gorilla777
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by BirdsOnBat
                    Somewhere around 9-9:30am est.
                    Wow, okay

Comment

• beachpetrol
                      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by lakeerie92
                      Outages almost daily for this entire week.

Like you mentioned that thread is from 2010. Edit features seem to work just fine in other non sports forums I am a part of and 5 years is a long time to keep things the same in the internet world. This forum is not getting the attention or progress it deserves.
                      Exactly. Editing in the Classifieds would be a tremendous help because I see users selling multiple items, but posting one item per post in there, which is not fair to the other sellers.

Comment

• ndevlin
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by beachpetrol
                        Exactly. Editing in the Classifieds would be a tremendous help because I see users selling multiple items, but posting one item per post in there, which is not fair to the other sellers.
                        My opinion of course, but I believe the reason why they don't have an edit is so that people will be responsible for their actions. Ppl can't go back on a 3 yr post and edit it to something else and it become a problem. Yep, I'm a part of net54 and it works great for typos. But for this particular forum, I think it's a bad idea.

As for editing for sale items- I hate it on the other forums. I search on here for a particular player so that I can see what that player sold for in 2010, etc. Helps you when you are trying to buy or sell something and you can look on here and see what it sold for. Example- I searched Gary Carter bats a month ago and was able to see the exact bat for sale 5 yrs ago, how much it sold for, and to who. I like that.

Comment

• 1929tudor
                          • Oct 2010

I would like to see them up the limit of 500.00 to more. Maybe 2000.00 or so. Just think of how many great items guys have to sell and buyers would love to own but 500.00 anymore is nothing but a common player bat. Some less common HOFer bats can be sold for 500.00 but not the better ones. Right now guys like Aaron, Mays, Musial and the superstar HOFer bats can't even show up on here cause they are worth more than 500.00. Even guys like Thome and Griffery which aren't in the hall yet can't be had for under 500.00. The 500.00 just seems to be outdated anymore and needs to be increased. Net54 there seems to be no limit and I have listed items in the 2-3 thousand area to sell and it is really nice to not have to pay the seller fee the auction houses would take. I know it's been talked about before but just my 2 cents

Comment

• beachpetrol
                            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by ndevlin
                            My opinion of course, but I believe the reason why they don't have an edit is so that people will be responsible for their actions. Ppl can't go back on a 3 yr post and edit it to something else and it become a problem. Yep, I'm a part of net54 and it works great for typos. But for this particular forum, I think it's a bad idea.

Can you give an example of an edit on an older post becoming a problem? I find that argument for not allowing edits ridiculous and paranoid. Edited posts are date marked anyway, and taking screenshots of all of the threads would solve any problems regarding keeping everyones responsibility in check.

Comment

• ndevlin
                              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by beachpetrol
                              Can you give an example of an edit on an older post becoming a problem? I find that argument for not allowing edits ridiculous and paranoid. Edited posts are date marked anyway, and taking screenshots of all of the threads would solve any problems regarding keeping everyones responsibility in check.

Oh, you think it's ridiculous and paranoid? Editing posts would be the least of my worries. Guess what? It's my opinion. Your tone, along with incidents we've had in the past, is a prefect example why mods don't want to edit posts. It holds zero accountability, at least on this particular forum.

Look, take it up with the mods, not me. I don't make the rules.

Comment

Working...