PDA

View Full Version : '02 Jeter - Lampson, no Steiner

kingjammy24
12-21-2005, 01:55 PM
here you go Joel. an '02 Jeter with no Steiner certs on Ebay. It also doesn't have the Steiner hologram. Imagine that! It does however come with a Lampson COA. Joel, do you think this was once one of your pro-cuts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8740557492

Rudy.

hblakewolf
12-21-2005, 04:36 PM
Can a Forum Member please set the record straight on selling game used Yankees jerseys on Ebay. In a previous post, someone indicated that any game worn 1990's/2000+ Yankees jersey must have a Steiner letter in order to list/sell it. Can we assume that if a Steiner letter is not mentioned, Ebay will cancel the listing?

No guess work, please, just facts. Does someone know what the official stance is by Ebay on this?

I have 3 Yankees jerseys that were obtained from my American League contact, and as such, do not have Steiner letters. Before I possibly proceed with offering them on Ebay, I would appreciate knowing their policy on this.

Any insight is appreciated.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

trsent
12-21-2005, 05:12 PM
here you go Joel. an '02 Jeter with no Steiner certs on Ebay. It also doesn't have the Steiner hologram. Imagine that! It does however come with a Lampson COA. Joel, do you think this was once one of your pro-cuts?

RUDY - YOU ARE OUT OF LINE ON THIS - IT IS A PRE-GAME JERSEY.

STOP THE CRAP OVER THIS, I DIDN'T EVER HAVE A JERSEY LIKE THIS IN MY COLLECTION - STOP PUTTING ME DOWN FOR SELLING LEGITIMATE MERCHANDISE.

I DISCUSSED THE TOPIC WITH YOU PREVIOUSLY, BUT YOU LOOKING FOR ITEMS TO PIN ON ME IS A JOKE AND I DO NOT APPRECIATE IT. I NEVER OWNED ANY PRE-GAME JERSEYS AND I DO NOT APPRECIATE YOU MAKING AN ASSUMPTION ASKING ME IF I EVER OWNED THIS ITEM. IT IS OUT OF LINE. CONTACT THE SELLER AND ASK THEM QUESTIONS, DO NOT KEEP PUTTING ME OUT AS THE BAD GUY FOR LEGITIMATELY SELLING MERCHANDISE THAT YOU FEEL SHOULD BE ALTERED BY ME BEFORE SELLING BECAUSE YOU ARE CONCERNED.

GO PICK ON THE OTHER 11,000 SELLERS ON eBay OVER THIS - I AM FINISHED BEING YOUR WHIPPING BOY TO MAKE AN EXAMPLE BECAUSE TODAY YOU CROSSED THE LINE.

I WOULD LIKE YOU TO REMOVE YOUR POST ABOVE ASKING IF THIS WAS MY ITEM AND I WILL REMOVE THIS POST, DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM BECAUSE EVERY TIME SOMEONE SELLS SOMETHING YOU DON'T LIKE YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO PIN IT ON ME ON A PUBLIC FORUM THAT WE BOTH SUPPORT.

Happy Holidays! :)

kingjammy24
12-21-2005, 05:25 PM
Joel,

It was a honest question. I genuinely wanted to know if you think that this jersey might have originated from you. A simple "yes" or "no" would've sufficed. Ascertaining a jersey's provenence is very much "in line" with this forum and what jersey collecting is all about. I have no clue what you've sold in the past or what's in your collection.
I think you've literally blown a gasket or at least short-circuited something. Calm down. Have some eggnog. Watch Mickey's Christmas Carol. And take off the caps lock.

Rudy.

trsent
12-21-2005, 05:29 PM
RUDY - SORRRY YOU ARE OUT OF LINE. EVERY TIME SOMOENE SELLS A YANKEES JERSEY NOW YOU ARE GOING TO PUT A LINK TO IT ON eBay AND ASK IF I SOLD THEM THEIR JERSEY?

GET OFF MY BACK, YOU ARE OUT OF LINE THIS TIME. I WILL SHOUT WHEN YOU ABUSE ME FOR NO REASON BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE THE WAY I RUN MY BUSINESS. GET ON ME WHEN I DESERVE IT. THERE ARE TOO MANY CROOKS OUT THERE FOR ME TO HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS BS OVER LEGITIMATE PRODUCTS.

trsent
12-21-2005, 05:33 PM
Ok, I took a puff and can remove my finger from the "shift" key.

Rudy, do me a favor, contact Lou Lampson and ask him his reason for writing a letter on this item. I didn't have a thing to do with it and I will not tolerate every time someone posts a jersey on eBay you asking if it came from me - That is out of line.

bigtime59
12-21-2005, 08:51 PM
And, if anyone DOES contact Lou Lampson, can you find out how he hides the ENORMOUS cojones it takes to pass off that utter drivel as a letter of authenticity????? Really, when I met him at the Cleveland National, he didn't look like he needed special pants or anything, but that letter TAKES THE CAKE! The twill weight is appropo? The inner tag shows game consistent curling? The WMD are stashed under the #2??? WTF???
Every time I read crap like this I feel like putting the whole collection up for sale and getting into something clean...like gunrunning! :mad: