PDA

View Full Version : eBay seller duddyrpm

thomaslynch
07-07-2015, 12:55 AM
Just saw some MLB authenticated Orioles helmets that duddyrpm listed on eBay and thought the numbers on the reverse didn't look like numbers the Orioles used. He is selling one as a Wieters #32 and one as a Machado #13. They are authenticated as issued (not player specific) but do show use. I did some research on the authentication numbers and discovered that when they were sold by MLB, they did NOT have any numbers on the reverse....Even found where he purchased the black helmet a week ago on eBay and apparently applied a number 13 so he could say it was a Machado. Wondering if anyone else has dealt with this guy? Has a 100% rating, but most items are non-sports related.

Pics - 1st and 2nd are of "Machado" he is selling and 3rd is of the same helmet sold a week ago. Notice the exact same bare spot right above the bird logo.

4th pic is of the MLB website helmet sold and 5th pic is of the one he is selling with the exact same authentication number.

You decide....

thomaslynch
07-07-2015, 01:06 AM
Last pic

Juicyfruit66
07-07-2015, 02:17 AM
Contact eBay and report him for counterfeit goods, they will freeze his account and ban him for life.

Juicyfruit66
07-07-2015, 02:32 AM
Contact eBay and report him for counterfeit goods, they will freeze his account and ban him for life. Just click on report item

sprint23
07-07-2015, 12:14 PM
I reported the item with previous item listing number. Unfortunately, they don't give many characters to detail the fraudulent activity. I hope more people file a report as well and hopefully at least one of these attempts at fraud is stopped.

Phil316
07-07-2015, 01:26 PM
Ebay is real slow to remove anything that isn't reported by a Vero Member. I still reported them as well.

thomaslynch
07-07-2015, 03:39 PM
Yeah, same guy seems to have "lost" a lot of COA's from other game used items he has listed as well. I sent him messages about the helmets just with some innocent questions at first and he answered them, but when I started to question the numbers and told him I knew he put them there, he started to get real defensive and even told me they were consignments....

johnsontravis@ymail.com
07-07-2015, 04:39 PM
What a horrible fraud too. Trying to sell a "real" Machado game used helmet and doesn't even mention it would be a rookie game used helmet. Since the new style was started in 2013.

You can't fix stupid.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
07-07-2015, 04:43 PM
he started to get real defensive and even told me they were consignments....

Consignments? But he said in the listing that he paid $750 and his loss is my gain.

What a hoot.

sprint23
07-07-2015, 05:31 PM
I know of the owner of some of the other items being sold by this seller (specifically a jersey and a bat that are listed). This individual has had various eBay names over the past few years for good reason. The seller himself seems to specialize in records, not sports memorabilia. I believe it is possible these things are being listed under an account that is not the actual owner of the items account. Coincidentally the last account name the owner had that I know of was a phone # beginning with "7" and ending with "7". If you look at the bidder's name on the Wieters helmet it is "7***7". It's possible that he is also bidding up his own items.

sprint23
07-07-2015, 09:43 PM
In fact 7***7 has bid on 5 of this sellers items.

sprint23
01-14-2016, 12:57 PM
Unfortunately, somebody purchased the doctored Manny helmet through eBay believing it to be legit. They posted very excited photos on Facebook. Upon learning the truth about the helmet the buyer filed a complaint through eBay, shared a link to this thread, and also the photos. In less than a 24 hours eBay ruled in favor of the seller. Simply unbelievable.

Juicyfruit66
01-14-2016, 09:25 PM
Tell the buyer to cancel payment through his credit card and to file fraud suite against seller and eBay as the middle man. Should get things rolling

sprint23
01-15-2016, 09:19 AM
I recommended he physically phone Paypal since they handle the money and are now independent of eBay. I've had luck that way in the past. I also suggested he contact the Credit Card company. I hope that he follows through since the "safe community" eBay claims to strive for is anything but safe due to their own unwillingness to take a stand.

djeruzal
01-17-2016, 02:42 PM
If anyone has an issue with this seller please let me know and I will get your money back. I am in the process of taking legal action against him myself. He told me he is in the process of refunding this helmet so please let me know if that is not the case. I informed him the only way I will stop the legal action if for him to make right anyone that has s complaint against him. I have so much proof on his antics it will be an easy case

sprint23
01-17-2016, 03:43 PM
If anyone has an issue with this seller please let me know and I will get your money back. I am in the process of taking legal action against him myself. He told me he is in the process of refunding this helmet so please let me know if that is not the case. I informed him the only way I will stop the legal action if for him to make right anyone that has s complaint against him. I have so much proof on his antics it will be an easy case

I sent you a PM

djeruzal
01-17-2016, 08:34 PM
I didn't get the message. Email me at jeruzal@aol.com

earlywynnfan
01-18-2016, 02:08 PM
Go get him!! Keep us informed.
Ken

djeruzal
01-18-2016, 11:17 PM
Well it looks like everyone got their money back and didn't even need to return the items. Lets chalk this one up as a win for our hobby. I don't think we will have issues with this seller in the future!!! Always happy to help out!!!

sprint23
01-19-2016, 08:59 PM
I hope you are correct. Thanks for doing what eBay wouldn't!

markyanis@gmail.com
02-07-2016, 04:34 PM
I had an unfortunate eBay experience with this guy a couple months ago. I bought a Machado GU auto'd cap from him but realized right after I paid that none of his photos showed a JSA sticker. I contacted him right away and asked him to send a pic of the sticker or cancel the sale. He ignored me and shipped anyway. I opened a return case with eBay and they denied it and then denied my appeal. Finally opened a case with Paypal and they ordered a return/refund.

Anyway, I wish I had been a little more careful to make sure the item was legit and properly authenticated but I assumed eBay would back me. Now I know better. As to duddyrpm, he's clearly dishonest and I hope you're successful in your efforts. Please let me know if I can do anything to help.

Mark

Juicyfruit66
11-25-2017, 09:33 PM
Bump ( he is still active and has hats up on ebay) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Randy-Johnson-Montreal-Expos-Game-Used-Hat-Cap-Worn-New-Era-Un-Signed-Rare-7-3-8-/132411978324

If you compare his hat to a real johnson rookie hat its much bigger and 5 is wrong. I messaged him but his history reveals his true motives.

Phil316
11-29-2017, 07:58 PM
Seriously i was going to post about this seller. Please be aware of what you are buying. He seems to have an endless supply of supposed game worn caps. All are star caliber players. Most caps have FRESH SHARPIE numbers. Most are not even the right size for the player. People are spending hundreds and getting taken to the cleaners.

Look at the Pete Rose

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pete-Rose-Cincinnati-Reds-Game-Used-Hat-Cap-Worn-New-Era-Un-Signed-Hit-King/142604882100?hash=item2133e9d0b4:g:EZQAAOSwxzdaHgr o

Mark McGwire
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mark-McGwire-Oakland-A-s-Game-Used-Hat-Cap-Worn-Un-Signed-HOF-Cardinals/132415687432?hash=item1ed4970b08:g:SccAAOSwCcZaHgv h

This is just a sampling.

So disgusting what people will do to make a dollar.

wfl1974
11-30-2017, 12:54 PM
I had to laugh at the last sentence...I have a friend who is a Pete Rose fan and was looking at this cap...I told him that he might want to hold his powder for a bit...

Item is priced to sell so my loss is your gain. I’m trying to get my son some stuff he’s more interested in for Christmas :)

All sales final and no returns on game used items due to fraud. I can't guarantee I'll get back my same item!

Phil316
11-30-2017, 04:27 PM
This is getting rediculous.

Supposed Ozzie Smith
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ozzie-Smith-St-Louis-Cardinals-Game-Used-Hat-Cap-Worn-New-Era-Un-Signed-HOF-/142608146373?hash=item21341b9fc5%3Ag%3AvD8AAOSwiHp aHgw9&nma=true&si=6YVS7NQcG6RJHg8K8d2pNdyCLsU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Juicyfruit66
12-07-2017, 04:49 AM
Now he's added a mythical tale of the great randy handing him the hat himself. Last month he never mentioned randy when called out on wrong hat size and fact randy wasn't a star then so why the heck did he have his hat alongside hofers. Everyone should report him for fraud.

Randy Johnson Montreal Expos rookie era game used/worn hat. This is a very rare piece from the hall of famer! It was sourced through a player I know in the 80s and was presented to me by Randy himself! I have never bothered to send in for authentication since I knew it was real so I will guarantee this to pass and reputable third party authenticator such as Mears or grey flannel for the game use! If you check similar Big Unit game worn caps they are new era size 7 3/8. This also shows good game use! Sweat, rosin bag stains, His Rookie number 51 is written under brim also and ALL TAGS ARE PRESENT AND CORRECT!

Item is priced to sell so my loss is your gain. I’m trying to get my son some stuff he’s more interested in for Christmas :)

All sales final and no returns on game used items due to fraud. I can't guarantee I'll get back my same item!"

sox83cubs84
12-07-2017, 05:54 PM
This is getting rediculous.

Supposed Ozzie Smith
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ozzie-Smith-St-Louis-Cardinals-Game-Used-Hat-Cap-Worn-New-Era-Un-Signed-HOF-/142608146373?hash=item21341b9fc5%3Ag%3AvD8AAOSwiHp aHgw9&nma=true&si=6YVS7NQcG6RJHg8K8d2pNdyCLsU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I've never seen that interlocking OZ logo on anything that was actually his.

Dave Miedema

Phil316
12-07-2017, 09:39 PM
I've never seen that interlocking OZ logo on anything that was actually his.

Dave Miedema

His auctions that sold, that people won is cringe worthy.

Sulross
12-08-2017, 09:14 PM
He screwed me a couple years ago and I had to go to paypal to get a refund because the clueless eBay rep wouldn't do it.

I saw his latest antics and sent an email with a link to this thread and his listings to the DA of the county where he resides (I have his addy from the transaction) and told him what I'd done. Shortly after he deleted many of his listings. Hope he realizes he needs to stop this or face the consequences.

Phil316
12-09-2017, 12:42 AM
This is EXACTLY what i was afraid would happen.

duddyrpm
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kirby-Puckett-Minnesota-Twins-Game-Used-Hat-Cap-Worn-New-Era-Un-Signed-HOF-/132407395693?hash=item1ed418856d%3Ag%3ACXgAAOSwW6B aFKLV&nma=true&si=6YVS7NQcG6RJHg8K8d2pNdyCLsU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

New Seller Of the Kirby Cap
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kirby-Puckett-Game-Worn-Minnesota-Twins-Baseball-Cap/332480678301?hash=item4d6964899d:g:2U0AAOSw3WxaK0x v

sox83cubs84
12-09-2017, 04:53 PM
minn4mk's listing was prematurely ended because of a so-called "error in the listing". Is it for real this time, or will it show up again with a third seller?

Dave Miedema

Phil316
12-10-2017, 12:37 AM
minn4mk's listing was prematurely ended because of a so-called "error in the listing". Is it for real this time, or will it show up again with a third seller?

Dave Miedema

According to a former member of GUU he was contacted and pulled the listing until he can do more research.

Juicyfruit66
12-11-2017, 12:59 AM
For those of you americans are you able to report him to the fbi? It's interstate commerce fraud us it not? F--k that guy, he's a crook. Drives me nuts seeing hos bs listings

Tallyman77
12-11-2017, 12:14 PM
Hi.......just wondering what caps are of most concern regarding cap sizes? It seems the majority of them fall within the proper cap size . For example, Randy Johnson wore size 7 1/4 and 7 3/8 during his career. Ozzie Smith wore size 7, 7 1/8 and 7 1/4. Mark McGwire wore size 7 3/8, 7 1/2, and 7 5/8. Also concerning player ID, players as well as equipment managers were the ones responsible for locating names, numbers, etc. inside the caps.

Ozzie Smith on occasion had "OZ" inside his cap. There is a Donruss and a Fleer baseball card of him showing the underside of his Cardinals cap where you can clearly see the "OZ" under the number "1". Mark McGwire caps can be found with "MAC"inside and Barry Bonds caps can be found with "BONDS" inside.

Look.......bottom line is R E S E A RC H !!! I have said this numerous times on here. Resources are available for people as reference. If you want to know what teams a player played for..........what sizes he wore.........what manufacturers made the caps, what ID is most common inside the caps, etc...., then you should make an effort to find out these things. Look at the inventory of major auction houses and see what they are offering. This can be a major source of valuable information.

Thanks,

-Walt

Tallyman77

Phil316
12-11-2017, 06:17 PM
Walt,

I have done my research, that is why the seller in question was called out and I called out the caps that i had proof on.

While auction houses are good for information not all auction houses are legit.

Also this is not the first time this seller has tried to deceive.

Also FYI if the seller had nothing to hide why did he end all his auctions and make his profile private ? Sounds fishy to me.

Sulross
12-11-2017, 09:17 PM
....Also FYI if the seller had nothing to hide why did he end all his auctions and make his profile private ? Sounds fishy to me.

You're right. His doing this after he was warned his activities have been reported to the DA arguably shows consciousness of guilt. Honestly, I hate to see people go through criminal prosecution but this guy has brought it on himself if it happens. In any case, it would be nice if he just stopped his dishonest ways. People like him are exactly the reason this hobby is such a trap for the unwary.

Tallyman77
12-12-2017, 10:43 AM
Phil.......it seems you and everyone else totally missed the purpose of my post. It wasn't to call out anyone based on what they are selling on Ebay or point fingers at any wrongdoing whatsoever. I simply was letting people know that in order to successfully collect and acquire caps (and even helmets), one has to research and know a good bit about the players, teams, ID, etc. If collectors want to avoid being a "trap for the unwary", then it is their responsibility to find out alot about what they are planning to buy. This can be done by checking out cap collector websites, auction inventories, and yes even Ebay sometimes. Looking at baseball cards to see how a player wears his hair is even important.

Education and research helps you make wise decisions and I understand some of you have done just that. More power to you. Keep it up. Let us know when you see good items and bad items. Post questions about caps and you should get an answer. I am happy to help whenever possible.

-Walt

Tallyman77

Phil316
12-12-2017, 02:38 PM
Phil.......it seems you and everyone else totally missed the purpose of my post. It wasn't to call out anyone based on what they are selling on Ebay or point fingers at any wrongdoing whatsoever. I simply was letting people know that in order to successfully collect and acquire caps (and even helmets), one has to research and know a good bit about the players, teams, ID, etc. If collectors want to avoid being a "trap for the unwary", then it is their responsibility to find out alot about what they are planning to buy. This can be done by checking out cap collector websites, auction inventories, and yes even Ebay sometimes. Looking at baseball cards to see how a player wears his hair is even important.

Education and research helps you make wise decisions and I understand some of you have done just that. More power to you. Keep it up. Let us know when you see good items and bad items. Post questions about caps and you should get an answer. I am happy to help whenever possible.

-Walt

Tallyman77

I gotcha. Thanks Walt :)

Tallyman77
12-14-2017, 12:20 PM
Hi Greg M. and thanks for your email. Your question concerning cap sizes for Eddie Murray and Cal Ripken will be answered here. I have seen Eddie Murray caps in both 7 3/8 and 7 1/2. Remember Murray had the big hair while with the Orioles and not so big while with the other teams as his career came to an end. Yes indeed I would stay away from any sizes below a 7 3/8 for sure.

Cal Ripken wore 7 1/4 very early in his career and then 7 3/8 as the years went on. I have even seen a 7 1/2 during his final two years.

Also I will check on the Boog Powell and Mike Cuellar caps for you and let you know. I do know the seller still has them and hasn't offered them to Mears yet. He did sell the Dave McNally last month to a McNally family member.

Thanks again!

-Walt

Tallyman

mr.miracle
12-14-2017, 12:57 PM
You're right. His doing this after he was warned his activities have been reported to the DA arguably shows consciousness of guilt. Honestly, I hate to see people go through criminal prosecution but this guy has brought it on himself if it happens. In any case, it would be nice if he just stopped his dishonest ways. People like him are exactly the reason this hobby is such a trap for the unwary.

This seller I know him as Nate not sure what his last name is has been doing this crap for years. He has literally had that I am aware of more than a dozen ebay user names and I am sure that I am missing some as well and when caught or called out on something just goes on to the next name and starts the process all over again.

I would not be in the least bit worried about him being prosecuted he has brought this on himself. He was presented with irrefutable evidence by a forum member several years back and was threatened with legal action then if he did not cease and desist these activities yet here he is again using yet another ebay user name doing the same stuff again. He has scammed dozens and dozens of people with complete crap time and time again. I am also aware that numerous people have reported him to ebay time and time again and ebay as usual has done absolutely nothing about any of this. They are far too concerned with more important things like getting their sales commissions than worrying about fradulent activity being perpetrated on their site time and again.

It is pathetic that this has been allowed to continue for years and nobody has done anything about it. I myself have reported him to ebay multiple times over multiple items with many of his user names and again nothing is ever done about it.

Hopefully somehow, someway this gets shut down once and for all.

I am glad at least that this is being called out by numerous forum members maybe at some point it ends.

Tallyman77
12-14-2017, 01:34 PM
Yes indeed Matthew.......... the Baltimore Orioles did use ANNCO caps for a couple of seasons, but at the same time they were also using NEW ERA. The Philadelphia Phillies used ANNCO caps during spring training/ exhibition only.

These are the only two teams that I know of that have actually used ANNCO PROFESSIONAL MODEL caps on the field. Please let me know if you have further information regarding them.

-Walt

Tallyman77

JKD1991
12-28-2017, 12:23 AM
So I just purchased a signed GU Machado jersey from this seller tonight. Had the correct MLB Auth on it as well as JSA for the auto ( even had photo's of the jersey being signed) I was able to get em outside of eBay with Paypal (Goods and services of course) should I be expecting that very same jersey or some bulls*** knockoff?

Found this post after seeing someone left the link in thier review on his page.

Phil316
12-28-2017, 02:26 PM
FYI not everything has to be bad from this seller. Infact most people who do this sprinkle in some legit items.

I can't comment on the jersey you bought because I have no idea what it looks like. Sounds promising though.

sox83cubs84
12-28-2017, 05:19 PM
Yes indeed Matthew.......... the Baltimore Orioles did use ANNCO caps for a couple of seasons, but at the same time they were also using NEW ERA. The Philadelphia Phillies used ANNCO caps during spring training/ exhibition only.

These are the only two teams that I know of that have actually used ANNCO PROFESSIONAL MODEL caps on the field. Please let me know if you have further information regarding them.

-Walt

Tallyman77

Are you sure about that, Walt? In 1981, Tug McGraw gave a GU cap to a collector pal of mine (I was there) and I'm 99% positive that it was an Annco.

Dave Miedema

Tallyman77
12-28-2017, 05:52 PM
Hi Dave.......thanks for that info. It looks like we can add the Mets as another team that used Annco caps.....and there may be others that we don't know about. I love discovering new information concerning caps and such.

So now we know the Orioles, Phillies, and Mets used Annco caps. Does anyone know of other teams that wore Annco?

Thanks again!

-Walt

Tallyman77

sox83cubs84
12-29-2017, 04:35 PM
Hi Dave.......thanks for that info. It looks like we can add the Mets as another team that used Annco caps.....and there may be others that we don't know about. I love discovering new information concerning caps and such.

So now we know the Orioles, Phillies, and Mets used Annco caps. Does anyone know of other teams that wore Annco?

Thanks again!

-Walt

Tallyman77

Happy to help, Walt.

Dave M.