PDA

View Full Version : Question on Bryce Harper Game Issued Jersey

twarman17
07-08-2015, 01:07 AM
I picked up this Camo Harper jersey that is authenticated as issued for the 5/26/2014 game. Harper was hurt but I believe dressed for this game. Does anyone have any information on whether this would have been the jersey that Harper wore in the dugout? Anyone know if the Nats order multiple jerseys for the camo jersey game? If so, anyone know if another one is out there that was authenticated as used?

The jersey came with a piece of paper attached to the jersey with a plastic piece that contains the hologram number written in sharpie (shown on the jersey). Anyone know if this is standard for the Nats to put on jerseys they are selling?

Thanks for any information, very happy to add this to my collection!

lakeerie92
07-08-2015, 12:23 PM
I just went back and watched the broadcast of the game hoping to match the camo for you, but Bryce wasn't wearing the jersey in the dugout. He was wearing a hoodie with cut sleeves with a t-shirt underneath. Looking at photos from last year when he was injured it looked like that was pretty common for no jersey with a Nats jacket of some type. A great jersey regardless.

teddy406
07-08-2015, 01:06 PM
Not too many Harper jerseys out there period. So even though it was just made for him to wear, still cool.

twarman17
07-08-2015, 02:41 PM
I just went back and watched the broadcast of the game hoping to match the camo for you, but Bryce wasn't wearing the jersey in the dugout. He was wearing a hoodie with cut sleeves with a t-shirt underneath. Looking at photos from last year when he was injured it looked like that was pretty common for no jersey with a Nats jacket of some type. A great jersey regardless.

Thanks for checking it out! Not what I was hoping for but still happy to have in my collection since I figured I would never afford a Harper and camo style is my favorite. Got my hopes up a bit with the laundry tag bent from potential wearing...

dnrapp
07-08-2015, 04:40 PM
I picked up this Camo Harper jersey that is authenticated as issued for the 5/26/2014 game. Harper was hurt but I believe dressed for this game. Does anyone have any information on whether this would have been the jersey that Harper wore in the dugout? Anyone know if the Nats order multiple jerseys for the camo jersey game? If so, anyone know if another one is out there that was authenticated as used?

The jersey came with a piece of paper attached to the jersey with a plastic piece that contains the hologram number written in sharpie (shown on the jersey). Anyone know if this is standard for the Nats to put on jerseys they are selling?

I was talking to one of the guys in the A's GU stand on Sunday. He said the A's had 2 sets of 4th of July jerseys. They kept the GU jerseys and let the players keep the 2nd, team issued, jerseys.

dnrapp
07-08-2015, 04:43 PM

Also I would think now a days with all the concerns about blood most teams would have a back up jersey for emergencies.

xpress34
07-08-2015, 04:47 PM
If you want to verify if another was Authenticated for that day, simply start with your Authentication number and go backwards on MLB site until you hit the previous game's stuff. Now you have the starting number for that days batch. Do the same going forward until you hit the next game's stuff. Now you have the end number.

Now you can go back and look up each number to see what all was authenticated for that days game.

twarman17
07-08-2015, 05:01 PM
If you want to verify if another was Authenticated for that day, simply start with your Authentication number and go backwards on MLB site until you hit the previous game's stuff. Now you have the starting number for that days batch. Do the same going forward until you hit the next game's stuff. Now you have the end number.

Now you can go back and look up each number to see what all was authenticated for that days game.

Good idea, thanks. I'm going to do that.

5toolplayer
07-09-2015, 09:47 AM
Nationals ordered only 1 of these jerseys per player for 2014. Worn by Bryce as the other GUU member did the research, probably not. But still the only one ordered for him in 2014. Cool item