PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Braves Jersey....

kylehess10
01-16-2007, 11:49 PM
I need help with a Brian Jordan game worn jersey I have. It was worn in 1999 during the regular season, then worn again in 2000 during Spring Training. Right on the logo, where the "A" & "V" in BRAVES meet up and also where part of the tommahawk meets up, they do not match perfectly together. The right side of the jersey seems to hang a little lower. Is this common with Braves jerseys? I'm hoping it isn't, because I found a couple pictures of Jordan during Spring Training in 2000 and it's the same exact way. Possible Photomatch?

indyred
01-17-2007, 11:53 AM
Kyle can you post picture of the entire front of the jersey. It looks like the spring training pictures match up pretty good to yours. You can definitely tell there are some big differences in the spring training jersey and the regular game shot. Just looking at how the S sits compared to the end of the tomahawk. I own a couple of Braves red alternates from 2004. There are a bunch of things to look for in them. I always look at how much space is left in between the S in hatchet and where the tip of the S sits to the top of the tomahawk. How far up the Braves is sewn from the tomahawk. Where the a and v curly sit on the piping. Space between the bottom of the letter's and the tomahawk handle. Is there a gap in the middle of the V and piping etc... No two Braves jerseys are identical. All are sewn on a little different. Sometimes it is hard to tell from game shots. Where jersey may have some bunching and angle the shot is taken, but it can really help in ruling out jerseys.

indyred
01-17-2007, 12:32 PM
Another thing to look at is the V in the spring training and game photo. They look different. One has some space next to the piping. The other looks to have none. Also, I own couple 2005 red alternates, not 2004 (didn't have them then).......

kylehess10
01-17-2007, 04:03 PM
Kyle can you post picture of the entire front of the jersey.

Here's one that I took awhile back but it's at a tiny angle. LMK if you want to see a more straighter pic

ham1963
01-17-2007, 05:20 PM
Kyle.
Looks like you have a photo match jersey to me.
John