PDA

View Full Version : Oakland A's Jersey tagging question

sek122482
07-27-2015, 01:25 PM
Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew if it was common for two "Set 1" jerseys from the same player for the same year. The reason I ask is my friend has a Mark Mulder grey Oakland A's jersey from 2002 marked as "Set 1". He got it from the A's at FanFest. While searching online I saw a Mulder grey jersey also from 2002 marked as "Set 1" that sold at an auction. (Link below) The only difference I can tell is the jersey at auction has a "2 inch extra length" tag as well. Would that tag result in two different jerseys being marked as "Set 1".

Link to the auction from greyflannel and the picture of my friends jersey are below.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

http://catalog.greyflannelauctions.com/lot-21727.aspx

Scott
sek122482@yahoo.com

HawaiiSportsNut
07-27-2015, 01:34 PM
I have 2 Kurt Suzuki 2012 "Set 2" alternate road green jerseys. One is size 48 & the other is size 46. So it looks like if there are 2 variations of the jerseys they can have the same set number.

sox83cubs84
07-27-2015, 09:33 PM
With Rawlings MLB jerseys, the flag tag is not a true set indicator. Rather, it is a chronological indicator showing when the jersey was ordered from Rawlings.

Set 1 (the majority of flag tags) indicates initial uniform order.
Set 2 refers to uniforms ordered during the season.

There are also set 3 flag tags, but those are limited to the jerseys specially oreded by A-Roid, Pudge and Raffy Roids circa 2000-2002, when all thrre were with Texas and marketing their own items. There are questions as to how many of these set 3s (if any) were actually worn in games.

Hope this helps.

Dave Miedema

HawaiiSportsNut
07-28-2015, 02:08 AM
Dave... Thank you for the info., your help is greatly appreciated.