Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • www.huston-street.com
    • Nov 2005

Roberto Kelly Game Used All Star Jersey

I am bidding in this auction..it ends in a few minutes..at the last second a bidder appears with the name Steiner? Are they bidding on their own auctions and running them up? Look at the bid history..
  • www.huston-street.com
    • Nov 2005

Re: Roberto Kelly Game Used All Star Jersey

steiner 2005-12-21 at 20:22:15$ 460.00 1YEShomer_3830 2005-12-21 at 18:59:44$ 450.00 1NOsteiner 2005-12-21 at 20:22:01$ 450.00 1NOsteiner 2005-12-21 at 20:21:40$ 430.00 1NO

Comment

• www.huston-street.com
      • Nov 2005

homer_3830 2005-12-21 at 18:43:44$ 420.00 1NOsteiner 2005-12-21 at 20:21:28$ 410.00 1NOtheg18 2005-12-21 at 17:54:33$ 390.00 1NOSeag10 2005-12-21 at 17:06:53$ 380.00 1NO

Comment

• JimCaravello
        • Jan 1970

Hi Huston Street - no, they are not running up the auction. I won that auction tonight and have been enamored with that All Star Jersey since they posted it. I don't know why they have me listed as Steiner on their system. Its really weird. I am sorry that I outbid you. For all the postings I have had on Steiner recently, I didn't want any rumors to be started that they were running things up. I usually do not convey what I won, but since I saw your post, I felt compelled to post. Sorry once again - Kelly was a favorite of mine in the "dead era" and I couldn't pass up the All Star jersey. Jim Caravello

Comment

• www.huston-street.com
          • Nov 2005

theg18 2005-12-21 at 17:54:20$ 380.00 1NOtheg18 2005-12-21 at 17:54:13$ 360.00 1NOtheg18 2005-12-21 at 16:22:04$ 340.00 1NOSeag10 2005-12-21 at 14:54:53$ 330.00 1NO

Comment

• www.huston-street.com
            • Nov 2005

Jim, congrats.. no problem, I just thought it was funny Steiner was a bidder since they use e-mail addresses for thier bidder ids.. my id wass my e-mail address anyhow.. I just thought it was weird..

Comment

• JimCaravello
              • Jan 1970

Yeah - I will try to change that. I would have posted also if I was in your shoes. It does look weird! If I ever sell ( which would be at cost ), I will let you know. I have never seen a 92 AS jersey and as mentioned, the combination of Kelly and the patch got me all fired up....

One other thing, I didn't have a Christmas party to attend tonight - and I watched the exact time this auction ended - but I have to admit, I am enjoying a glass of Valpolicella.........Happy Holidays! Jim

Comment

• www.huston-street.com
                • Nov 2005

Actually Jim that id saved you some money.. I was going to place some more bids until I saw the name Steiner in the bid history... I may have to remember something like that next time I am bidding.. I apologize to Steiner and everyone else..but you do have to admit... it does look strange to have a biider with that name come in at the very end... Now I have a story to laugh at work about tomorrow...

Comment

• JimCaravello
                  • Jan 1970

That's interesting. The winning bid was my max bid and I just knew I would be outbid! Maybe I won't try to fix that user name!! No - just kidding. Its amazing the thought process that goes through your mind at auction end. Sometimes I am like a little kid - and if its really high dollar, I sometimes get nervous. I like the snipe process - which if there is a way to do that on Steiner, I would love to hear about that. With the snipe process - you set your limit and walk away - and forget about it. If you win - that's great - if you lose, you move on. I had set in my mind the winning bid, but that bid was made with like 4 minutes to go. If you bid again, I don't know what I would have done.........just interesting to talk about....I am sure we have all gone through this before....Jim

Comment

• Yankwood
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by JimCaravello
                    Yeah - I will try to change that. I would have posted also if I was in your shoes. It does look weird! If I ever sell ( which would be at cost ), I will let you know. I have never seen a 92 AS jersey and as mentioned, the combination of Kelly and the patch got me all fired up....

One other thing, I didn't have a Christmas party to attend tonight - and I watched the exact time this auction ended - but I have to admit, I am enjoying a glass of Valpolicella.........Happy Holidays! Jim
                    I KNEW IT ! ! !GOOD BOY ! ! !

Comment

Working...