PDA

View Full Version : wearing game used memorabilia

joshmiller0
08-13-2015, 11:07 AM
I never thought I'd wear my game used items, but I was looking for authentic nba shorts and they're usually over $100... picked up three pairs at Steiner for much less so decided I'd wear them... Also bought an xmas shooting shirt game worn, but by no specific player. Post your pics of items that were worn and bought to wear

Grey shorts - Mason Plumlee game issued
Blue shorts - Iman Shumpert game used
Black shorts - Tyshaun Taylor game used
Shooting shirt - Game used by no specific player

joshmiller0
08-13-2015, 11:08 AM
shumpert shorts

BirdsOnBat
08-13-2015, 12:06 PM
I bought a pair of T-Wolves shorts worn by Sam Mitchell a longgggg time ago to wear playing basketball. They are super comfortable.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
08-13-2015, 12:28 PM
I don't see anything wrong with it if you don't plan on reselling it after wearing it for a while...That would be kind of weird. I know a lot of people who buy game used because it is cheaper than retail. No name MLB player jerseys get worn by people a lot.

michaellechner
08-13-2015, 01:22 PM
I was at an Augusta Greenjackets(Single A affiliate for San Francisco) game the other night and the guy in front of me at the concession line was wearing a jersey worn in the Chris Heston no hitter. I noticed the hologram and asked him about it. Can't remember the player it belonged to. (beer was bogo :D )

metsbats
08-13-2015, 10:25 PM
I buy game issued and slightly worn jerseys, pants and bats to use. The pants made for mlb players are better quality and last longer than retail ones. Most of the jerseys are jackie robinson day issued or blank backs with I have customized. Yes they are cheaper than retail especially when it comes to bats.

joshmiller0
08-14-2015, 08:04 AM
I don't see anything wrong with it if you don't plan on reselling it after wearing it for a while...That would be kind of weird. I know a lot of people who buy game used because it is cheaper than retail. No name MLB player jerseys get worn by people a lot.

100% not going to resell it.. I pulled off the steiner sticker from the shorts and put it on the COA. I love wearing the shorts.. so comfortable... The only thing I don't like is no pockets... but at a third of the cost from what they go for in stores, I'm thrilled... All my other game worn items are either on display or tucked away in a bin...

Buccaneer Madden
08-14-2015, 08:16 AM
I have some John Lynch game use cleats that are my size... not sure where I would wear them. I could try them on for the fun of it though.

wfl1974
08-14-2015, 11:24 AM
I have dozens of Alabama dri-fit shirts, shorts, jackets, etc...all are team issued and some have numbers on them, so I know that they've been used. I wear them all the time, especially in the summer.

Jags Fan Dan
08-14-2015, 08:14 PM
I sold a Cincinnati Reds Los Rojos gamer on Craigslist. The guy was so happy handing over the money, I asked him if he collected, he said no, he was buying it to wear and was pleased to have a GU for less money than an authentic.

For me, I have a few player issued/worn items like warm ups that I wear. No game used jerseys, not that I'm opposed to it if it's a common player.

sox83cubs84
08-14-2015, 09:03 PM
I have no problem wearing game-used items of average players or managers/coaches. I often wear them to ballgames when the player/coach who wore it is in town.

Dave Miedema

wfl1974
08-14-2015, 10:57 PM
I have no problem wearing game-used items of average players or managers/coaches. I often wear them to ballgames when the player/coach who wore it is in town.

Dave Miedema

My wife, son & I were in Atlanta to see the Red Sox back in June. My son & I went down beside the Sox dugout during pregame warmups & BP to try to get a couple of baseballs autographed...no luck, but I briefly spoke with a guy wearing a Clay Buchholz jersey, untucked, with all the proper tagging. I didn't ask him about the jersey, but as we were heading back up to our seats, and there were dozens of others behind us, but I did point to it and say "Really, Really nice Buchholz gamer". He smiled and said thanks. I think I would have worn my Youkilis replica, as I did, and left the Buchholz jersey in a frame...but, that's just my own preference...he seemed quite comfortable in it.

helf35
08-15-2015, 09:03 AM
I coach high school baseball and I usually dig into the $10 pants at soxfest for the kids to wear for practice. My mom cuts them and drops them to proper fitting sizes for them so they are all altered and should be pretty noticeable if they were to ever show up. I also write on the inside by the names these are high school practice. If I can find cheap cleats I also pick those up for Softball.

Swoboda4
08-15-2015, 11:31 AM
Guilty as charged. Just "Commons" and nothing that I would sell to another. Now here's another question, has anyone tried on a G/U item just to see how it would fit on you but didn't wear it outside-just put it on to look in the mirror?

joshmiller0
08-15-2015, 01:16 PM
Guilty as charged. Just "Commons" and nothing that I would sell to another. Now here's another question, has anyone tried on a G/U item just to see how it would fit on you but didn't wear it outside-just put it on to look in the mirror?

Usually when I get items I try them on and take a picture of me wearing the item.. basketball players are huge so I like to see how their items fit..

BrianRichards
06-04-2016, 11:02 AM

Yes! I'm guilty as charged... Purchased a pair of Minnesota Vikings Adam Thielen game-worn Nike cleats, same size as I wear, and tried them on ONCE just for the heck of it the day they arrived.

astizzle
06-04-2016, 12:06 PM
83657Hi,

the same for me - I got the game worn jersey for the price of a swingman.
Jersey is Cleanthony Early 2014-15, warm-up from Pablo Prigioni 2014-15.
Both are Steiner authenticated, the jersey is photomatched.
Not quite easy to find basketball stuff in average person's size, it took a little while. Both are size large.
I also have older jersey that I would never wear because they are irreplacable.

astizzle
06-04-2016, 12:07 PM
Here's the jersey:

bgakladd
06-04-2016, 12:19 PM
Here is an old photo I just got from a co-worker as I came back to work from a recent surgery a few weeks ago. I don't remember what I was thinking but here is me in my younger years, with braces, and a few co-workers, wearing Johnny Bench's game worn 1976 Cincinnati Reds jersey to a Reds game at Riverfront back in 1994. I remember it being all frayed up on the lettering and number 5 on the back from Bench's catching protector. Just wish I had it back! Seriously doubt I would wear it to a game today if I had it back.

memorabiliaunlimited
06-04-2016, 02:12 PM
when i sold a lot of basketball gear, i would frequently get questions from people about the length and width of jerseys because people would be buying them to wear them. interestingly, i found a lot of that stuff was sent overseas to asia, or to asians in the US.