PDA

View Full Version : Questionable Upper Deck items

worldchamps
01-18-2007, 02:31 PM
Recently I have seen a lot of upper deck items that comes with letters on upper deck stationary. These have all been high end items, Tiger Woods shirt, Tiger Woods glove and a Peyton Manning helmet. They are suoppose to be from redemptions cards, but the items never have holograms????? Has anyone else seen these, and are they legit?

Bill

David
01-18-2007, 02:57 PM
As far as I know, all Upper Deck Authenticated items have holograms on the item signed. Obviouslly it's always safest to stick with a UDA item with the hologram.

For modern player UDA signed items, like Woods, Mickey Mantle and Michael Jordan, the signers were under contract with UDA and sign with UDA representative present. This is why a Mickey Mantle UDA ball or Tiger Woods
UDA photo has such a premium on the market.

sammy
01-18-2007, 03:00 PM
Within the past few months, Upper Deck Authenticated revised their policy on issuing new Certificates of Authenticity on items in which the COA was lost, or the hologram had deteriorated. This stated revised policy is due to the amount of items being lost or damaged.

The new policy is this.

Instead of sending your items in for rehologramming and the issue of a new COA, a photograph of the item and hologram is to be sent along with the fee. Once the original hologram has been verified in their log books to match that particular item and description, UDA will now send you a Letter of Authenticity.

As far I I know, the UDA item must have the hologram for this to be accomplished. If an item does not have the UDA hologram on it, I would inquire with UDA.

This is one of the reasons you may see a UDA letter instead of a certificate.

TFig27
01-18-2007, 03:02 PM
Recently I have seen a lot of upper deck items that comes with letters on upper deck stationary. These have all been high end items, Tiger Woods shirt, Tiger Woods glove and a Peyton Manning helmet. They are suoppose to be from redemptions cards, but the items never have holograms????? Has anyone else seen these, and are they legit?

Bill

I bought a redemption card from UD SweetSpot for a game used David Cone Fielding Glove. When I received it, it was autographed as well.
All it came with was the letter, no hologram.
I saved the redemption card too.

David
01-18-2007, 03:04 PM
I should add that I belive all Upper Deck items, including unsigned items, have a UD hologram on them. This includes unsigned baseball cards and figurines. Since the start of the company, Upper Deck has always used holograms to help prevent counterfeiting.

The UDA holograms for autographs are distinctly long oval shaped.

allstarsplus
01-18-2007, 03:27 PM
I got Ken Griffey game used batting gloves from the Upper Deck redemptions and it had a weak UDA letter on their letterhead and no hologram.

I knew the gloves were definitely Griffey's but there wasn't 100% certainty that they came directly from Ken Griffey Jr.

Andrew