PDA

View Full Version : Washing Meigray Garnett NBA jersey

kitey604
08-19-2015, 12:27 PM
I have a Meigray Garnett NBA Jersey and I've noticed stains on the jersey. I am not sure if the stain is resulting from game use or is it from previous owner.

I do not see the stain appeared on the players pictures over the internet.
Should I be washing it or should I leave it?

I did a search on the forum and couldn't found the best way to wash.

If I have to wash it, should I take it to professional dry clean or should I just throw it in the washer and set at gentle cycle

joshmiller0
08-19-2015, 12:46 PM
I have a Meigray Garnett NBA Jersey and I've noticed stains on the jersey. I am not sure if the stain is resulting from game use or is it from previous owner.

I do not see the stain appeared on the players pictures over the internet.
Should I be washing it or should I leave it?

I did a search on the forum and couldn't found the best way to wash.

If I have to wash it, should I take it to professional dry clean or should I just throw it in the washer and set at gentle cycle

personally, I'd leave it be... could be from the game, but I wouldn't want to risk washing it and damaging it further....maybe post pics..

sox83cubs84
08-19-2015, 09:03 PM
IF you wash it (and I am not recommending it, just giving information on the option), I would wash in cold water, use a detergent that has either no bleach or color-safe bleach, andd either hang dry or set the dryer to low heat or a setting for delicates. Standard bleach will cause havoc with the colors, and any large amount of heat in the dryer cycle will shrink the jersey.

Dave Miedema