PDA

View Full Version : Fan struck by foulball at Wrigley

metsbats
08-23-2015, 08:54 PM
http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-84269574/

Happened again but this time a foul ball.

camarokids
08-24-2015, 01:43 PM
People need to pay attention. We were at an Indy Indians game last month and several people almost got hit by balls that were hit in the upper deck. Some are so interested in their smart phones, they do not pay attention. Maybe they should not go to a baseball game????

sox83cubs84
08-24-2015, 08:14 PM
People need to pay attention. We were at an Indy Indians game last month and several people almost got hit by balls that were hit in the upper deck. Some are so interested in their smart phones, they do not pay attention. Maybe they should not go to a baseball game????

+1. I've seen the same thing happen numerous times in BP, as well.

Dave Miedema

godwulf
08-29-2015, 10:01 PM
I was at Phoenix Muni one morning a few years ago, watching the A's warm up and go through some drills before getting on the bus to go to a Spring Training game, and this other guy and I were standing by the low wall just to the right of the First Base dugout when a ball got away from a couple of players playing toss and came in at high velocity right between the two of us at crotch level. We just looked at each other wordlessly with expressions of mixed horror and relief. Getting hit in the head is one thing, but THAT could have been really bad.