PDA

View Full Version : Paint pen removal on jersey number

gamer35
08-23-2015, 10:22 PM
Hi guys, looking for some help on identifying a product which will remove paint pen from a signed jersey number (MLB Cool Base variety) as the signer accidently dropped the pen on the jersey after signing it. I did a search of prior discussions and it appears that someone suggested using Mostenbocker paint remover which I used on a test jersey but it discolored the rest of the jersey number even after wiping it with water.

Has anyone had any luck in removing paint pen? The stray marks are very close to the actual signature so I do not have much room to apply the product without bleeding into the signature.

Sioux4Ever
08-23-2015, 10:57 PM
I have used goo gone on stuff before but never jerseys. It's worked really well on other items though. I guess if you wanted to you could try it on the test jersey you have.

gamer35
08-24-2015, 09:16 PM
Sioux4ever, thanks for the response. Goo gone unfortuantely did not work on the test shirt as it just smeared the ink. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Number9
08-29-2015, 01:27 AM
The first rule of autograph removal is don't do it unless you are willing to gamble ruining the item in order to get it how you want it. So I don't recommend it.

That said, I have used Amodex quite a bit and have removed several autographs completely. It's a soap chemical formulated specifically to break down ink. The key is to put it on and leave it overnight and let it soak in and do that over and over again. Follow the instructions that come with it. They have the instructions on their web site too, plus there are YouTube videos.

Some stores sell it but I buy it at Amazon.

------------------------------------------------

BUYING: Indianapolis Colts and Atlanta Falcons game used helmets of players that interest me. Must be complete with original chin strap and all pads, and not autographed. E-mail me at: historydogs@yahoo.com