PDA

View Full Version : Thrift Store finds

InterstellarHenderson
09-13-2015, 07:51 AM
Hey guys! I'm new here and wanted to see if anyone's found any interesting memorabilia at thrift stores lately?
I recently found a Darren Sproles Practice Worn Jersey ($3), a New Orleans Zephyrs Game Worn autographed jersey from New Orleans Hornets night ($7), and a Houston Astros Game Worn possibly Spring Training jersey ($4).
I have photos but the files are too large to post on here. If you'd like to see them, let me know!

sox83cubs84
09-13-2015, 10:15 PM
Hey guys! I'm new here and wanted to see if anyone's found any interesting memorabilia at thrift stores lately?
I recently found a Darren Sproles Practice Worn Jersey ($3), a New Orleans Zephyrs Game Worn autographed jersey from New Orleans Hornets night ($7), and a Houston Astros Game Worn possibly Spring Training jersey ($4).
I have photos but the files are too large to post on here. If you'd like to see them, let me know!

They sound interesting. Send photos, if you would, to sox83cubs84@hotmail.com . Thanks in advance.

Dave Miedema

PS: Welcome to the site!

InterstellarHenderson
09-13-2015, 10:48 PM
Hey Dave!
I just sent them.
Thanks for the welcome.

Preston
09-14-2015, 09:47 AM
This isn't lately but I have picked up a few awesome things from thrift stores including the following...

Albert Haynesworth 2008 game worn jersey ($4)
Justin Sandy (Titans) practice worn jersey ($3)
Dennis Stallings (Titans) practice worn jersey ($3)
Kody Bliss (former Auburn kicker) NFL combine worn shirt ($2.50)
Lorenzen Wright Memphis Tigers practice worn jersey
Keith Bulluck celebrity basketball game worn jersey

Best thing I've ever found...

Steve McNair photomatched playoff jersey (loss to the Ravens) ($50)

Phil316
09-14-2015, 11:09 AM
Some of my best finds have been from the Seattle Goodwill Outlet store. Workers think that because an article of clothing is "beat up" it is not worth putting out in their store.

I have found several Seahawks game worn jerseys including a hammered Brian Bosworth uniform including jersey, pants, gloves, armbands and other items of his all in his Seahawks laundry bag. I have also found lots of local teams like Sonics, Mariners and some Seattle Thunderbirds gamers. You have to be persistent in going and not care about digging in bins.

InterstellarHenderson
12-11-2016, 10:54 PM
Guys, these finds are fantastic.
To catch up one year later, have y'all found anything good lately?
About 2 weeks ago while in Louisiana, I found a local thrift store had a lot of
LSU player worn clothing but the crown jewel amongst all the clothes was finding Odell Beckham Jr's Chick Fil A Bowl Nike LSU Track Jacket from the 2012 game. It has a 3 written inside as well as a stitched 3 on the back along with the Chick Fil A bowl patch above it. Probably the best thing I've found. Wish I could post it but the I can't again.
Also found a game worn Atlanta Falcons jersey from 1984 on the $2.99 shirt rack.

Juicyfruit66
12-11-2016, 11:22 PM
Ucla jersey game worn found in canada thrift store wooooo!

Wrigley2010
12-12-2016, 12:12 AM
Wish I could post it but the I can't again.

There are lots of free programs out there that make resizing an image incredibly easy. You can simply make a duplicate image at a smaller resolution and upload it to the site within 2 minutes. Just google Windows Image Resizer and if you are running Mac OS then google that one.

Juicyfruit66
12-12-2016, 02:45 AM
What i do is facebook a pic to my own facebook messages then save that pic, facebook uses crappy resolution to guu accepts the size

InterstellarHenderson
12-12-2016, 10:22 AM
What i do is facebook a pic to my own facebook messages then save that pic, facebook uses crappy resolution to guu accepts the size

I will have to try that and Google Image Resizer this evening. Thank you both.
For now, I'll put my email out if anyone wants to see (I mean if so)
at markhenderson@ololcollege.edu

InterstellarHenderson
12-12-2016, 10:23 AM

That is so awesome!

sox83cubs84
12-12-2016, 07:34 PM

What year is this jersey from?

Dave M.

Juicyfruit66
12-13-2016, 08:20 AM
I can post tagginhg, from memory right now it's a 2000 I think. If not a 2000 then def a 2001. Anyone able to tell me value? I'm not exactly a football guy so I wouldn't mind fipping it to pay for expos stuff. Rcmp69@hotmail.com

InterstellarHenderson
12-13-2016, 08:43 AM
I can post tagginhg, from memory right now it's a 2000 I think. If not a 2000 then def a 2001. Anyone able to tell me value? I'm not exactly a football guy so I wouldn't mind fipping it to pay for expos stuff. Rcmp69@hotmail.com

Rodney Leislie. Former DT from UCLA from 00-04, drafted 5th round in 04 and bounced around from the Saints then Giants then Canada then back to the NFL for Arizona and finally signed back with the saints in 09 where he stayed and won a Super Bowl then his career was complete. what a way to finish a career. Slight chance I know a guy who may want it for that reason. I'll be in touch.

Juicyfruit66
12-13-2016, 11:57 AM
Year is 2001 heres tagging and game tear in neck, pretty neat.

Juicyfruit66
12-13-2016, 12:37 PM
I saw it on rack and new right away it wasnt bush league or retail....carried it around the store then googled tne name on back. It's neat how well made these are, great look to them.

sox83cubs84
12-13-2016, 11:16 PM
Year is 2001 heres tagging and game tear in neck, pretty neat.

Thanks for the info.

Dave M.

Juicyfruit66
12-14-2016, 01:39 AM
I found these cool police and fire games hockey jerseys from 2009, i doubt players wore them cause they have the year on back but they are prob pretty rare and gave awesome graphics/design.