PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone been on TheBaseballCube.com lately? New and improved!

camarokids
01-19-2007, 05:41 PM
I used to like www.baseballalmanac.com (http://www.baseballalmanac.com) better for team rosters and player info , but it has gotten harder to navigate and find what I'm looking for since they updated a month or so ago . Baseball Almanac.com is still the best site I have found for looking up uniform numbers , just harder to get there . The only other place I have found to get uniform numbers is in team media guides , yearbooks . Some annual magazines too . Anyways if you DON'T need uniform numbers , I think the best site is www.thebaseballcube.com (http://www.thebaseballcube.com) , they just updated last week and now they have box scores , a easier search engine, minor league stats , etc . I can't believe how good their site is now . I just had to share it with you all!

topekabob
01-20-2007, 01:10 AM
I agree. Baseballcube is amazing. Often I get jerseys mlb jerseys with a players name on the back and baseball almanac has no record of this player with that team. Then I'll go to baseballcube and it'll give me the players minor league and spring training stats and I can piece together the background to the jersey and where he might have worn it.

Still, of all my jerseys I'm stumped by one. A 1978 Reds road jersey with SHORT on the back. Can't find any record of any Short who played for the Reds or coached for them. Only thing I can figure is Chris Short did some spring training coaching.

geoff
01-20-2007, 02:24 PM
This site is helpful and im going to be using this sometimes now.Thanks

zfowl
01-22-2007, 10:39 PM
About your Reds jersey, topekabob....

When the roster expands to 40 with minor league guys in September, some teams will have a minor league manager and/or pitching coach also join the Major League club. I'm guessing the thinking is that these guys are the most familiar with (and to) the young players.

You may want to check to see if the Reds had a AAA or AA manager or pitching coach with the name of SHORT in 1978.

Zeb Fowler

topekabob
01-22-2007, 11:19 PM
That's a good idea, I'll look into that. I just rechecked and its actually a 1979, road Reds jersey, #32, with SHORT on the back. The search continues...