Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aallanson
    • Jul 2013

A positive experience

Too often this board gets filled with stories of negative experiences. I wanted to post about something positive.

A while back there was a user on this board that posted under the username mlbforeverhomer. He was banned long before I ever got here. He has since returned under a different username (ocab87). This is information I shared on a previous post, so I am not "outing" him here. I was unaware of this information when I agreed to purchase a jersey from him outside of the forum for an amount that exceeds the $500 max. Immediately after paying for the jersey, my spider senses began to tingle. Something didn't seem right. So I googled his name and did a forum search, and lo and behold I found his previous incarnation and read about some of his past indiscretions. I feared the worst. I overreacted and opened a case with PayPal. I was nervous because this transaction was for a lot of money. Everything the seller said seemed to not be true. Initially something came up and he couldn't ship when he said he could. When I confronted him with the fact that I knew about his old board incarnation he refused to acknowledge it. He referred to himself by a different name in our email exchanges. Even the tracking number he sent me couldn't be found in the usps system until at least 12 hours had passed. I was really nervous I was going to get screwed over. ...

Fast forward to this afternoon and my jersey arrived. He even fronted the shipping costs ($47.50) to ship it overnight to me. All my worst fears didn't come true. when all was said and done, I purchased a jersey, he shipped a jersey, and it arrived safely. Not a big deal to some. But to me, it's everything.
    He went out of his way to sell a jersey to me that he didn't have to. I really wish that I hadn't overreacted and gone to Defcon 4. I think, all in all, this whole thing says more about me and my shortcomings as a buyer (unreasonable expectations, including expecting the worst) then it does for him as a seller.
    If I didn't know any of this stuff about this particular seller's past and if I didn't let his past prejudice me during this transaction, then truth be told this would have been an altogether pleasurable experience. So Clay, for my shortcomings, I apologize to you. Keep up the good work and eventually there will be less people like me judging you only on your past, and more judging you on your present.
Working...