PDA

View Full Version : Yoenis Cespedes Signing

64SHEA
09-16-2015, 12:18 AM
Yoenis Cespedes will be signing at Steiner on Thursday, and I have been debating having him sign my 2013 GU All Star base. I have been having everyone sign their position and team, but obviously he did not play. I was thinking of just having him inscribe "2013 Home Run Derby Champion" Thought I would get a few other opinions?

yankees506
09-16-2015, 01:18 AM
If you pass up the signing, would you regret it? Id start from there.

danesei@yahoo.com
09-16-2015, 07:30 AM
If you're getting it signed for your own collection, then it comes down to whether you really want his signature or not. Personally, Steiner's price seems somewhat hefty ($130?), and, as you said, he didn't really play in the game.

If it were my base, I wouldn't have Cespedes on it. My logic is, if you change your mind later, you can always have it added, but once it's on there, you can't really take it off.

64SHEA
09-17-2015, 12:31 PM
If he was not on the Mets I probably would not even consider having him sign the base. Its tonight and I am still not sure, but I am leaning toward having him sign it.

yanks12025
09-17-2015, 02:06 PM
I wouldn't have him sign it. The guy didn't just not play in the all star game, he was't even a all-star that year.

Why have a non all-star player sign the base used during the all-star game when the player wasn't even on the team. The home run derby is totally different then the actual game.

64SHEA
09-19-2015, 03:34 AM
I decided to have him sign it, pay for the ticket, and wait on line for a hour and a half. Signing was scheduled for 6:30-8:00. 8:00 comes, about 100 people still waiting and...... he is gone. Claims he was "sick". I am sure he was :mad:

danesei@yahoo.com
09-19-2015, 05:25 PM
I decided to have him sign it, pay for the ticket, and wait on line for a hour and a half. Signing was scheduled for 6:30-8:00. 8:00 comes, about 100 people still waiting and...... he is gone. Claims he was "sick". I am sure he was :mad:

As disappointed/upset as you might feel, it's entirely possible he is actually sick. He's 0 for his last three games, I think. Maybe he's caught a bug.

64SHEA
09-20-2015, 08:33 PM
http://pagesix.com/2015/09/18/yoenis-cespedes-takes-mystery-lady-out-for-dinner/

danesei@yahoo.com
09-20-2015, 11:29 PM
http://pagesix.com/2015/09/18/yoenis-cespedes-takes-mystery-lady-out-for-dinner/

Oh well. I would blame Steiner for this, honestly. He was paid for a 90 minute appearance, and it sounds like he fulfilled his obligation.

lengthwise1
09-21-2015, 02:50 PM
Oh well. I would blame Steiner for this, honestly. He was paid for a 90 minute appearance, and it sounds like he fulfilled his obligation.

I agree

64SHEA
09-26-2015, 02:37 AM
Its not oh-well to the guy behind me, who drove two hours with his son to meet him. I probably go to 20 or 30 signings a year, and I have heard they and the player/agent agree to a certain number of tickets. So long as you are on line within that time, you get an autograph. I have never had a player just get up and leave before. Clown move, bro.

Sioux4Ever
09-26-2015, 12:54 PM
That's true for some signings. Other signings they agree on a time frame and the store guesstimates the amount of autos that can be signed in that amount of time. I help organize signings and we have done both types. The time one is definently much less common but I have seen them an organized them.

danesei@yahoo.com
09-26-2015, 05:28 PM
Its not oh-well to the guy behind me, who drove two hours with his son to meet him. I probably go to 20 or 30 signings a year, and I have heard they and the player/agent agree to a certain number of tickets. So long as you are on line within that time, you get an autograph. I have never had a player just get up and leave before. Clown move, bro.

If that were the agreement, then fine, but you said he was scheduled to sign from 6:30-8:00 and left at 8:00. I don't see how you can say it's a "clown move" when he fulfilled his obligation. It's not like he arrived at 6:30 and left at 6:45, like a certain futbol legend has done for his appearances in the past.

marino13
09-26-2015, 10:11 PM
I have went to many steiner signings in the past, and I have never dealt with this kind of madness.

But then again, I normally get there an hour or 90 minutes before the signing session - only reason why I would do that -- signatures getting kind of shitty after 30 minutes signing (with the exception for Mariano Rivera, of course).

On the other hand, you have folks with tickets but decide to show up at 6PM for 6:30PM signing -- most of them would have a dumb look on their face --- "Damn, that is one long ass line".

Furthermore, I have seen the last batch of people -- and the signature is not even in the same ball park.

With that said, arrive early and you will get your "hard earned money spent" worth.

Take your time and you will get shitty signature or you might not get any at all. But look on the bright side, you will get a refund!