PDA

View Full Version : When does NFL post their gamers?

redwings91
09-17-2015, 09:14 AM
Anybody know when the NFL starts posting the gamers on the auction site? I missed out on a couple of players I wanted last season and I'm now eager to see if the NFL will be selling the shirts of the players I want.

Preston
09-17-2015, 09:26 AM
Seems to me like there's very little rhyme or reason...there were a couple Titans gamers from last season posted in the offseason, but typically I noticed around the end of September it was hot and heavy for listing gamers if I remember correctly.

redwings91
09-17-2015, 01:48 PM
I see...I thought I recalled they posted them pretty quickly after the sunday games. Just anxious to expand my collection.

jake33
09-17-2015, 02:25 PM
The organization of NFL Auctions has a culture of being lackluster. Correct, no obvious pattern of what and when they will post gamers for sale.
I personally love when they list gamers for auction in the offseason, as the sell prices often go much lower than in season. I have checked that the last few years and have gotten some jerseys at very reasonable prices.

Each NFL team is requested to provide marquee players game used jerseys from October BCA games and from November's Salutre to Service games.

Being a Bucs fan and game used collector for 17 years, I have looked up in the PSA/DNA database using serial numbers numerically next to jerseys I own and it seems around 4-6 Buccaneers jerseys get collected from those October and November Games. As for other teams, I am not certain what they do.

As for the Jets, it seems like they list a healthy number of gamers and game issued jerseys.

---
Side note.... I spoke to a VP of Marketing for an NFL team a few weeks ago and asked for more NFL gamers to hit the market.... the VP himself too questioned and wondered why the NFL does not operate their game used memorabilia with an authentication system like MLB's and pursue increasing the amount of offerings as well.

As a game used collector, I always like items being rare, but it is frustrating to have to wait years in many cases to find what you are looking for.

redwings91
09-17-2015, 04:23 PM
I actually look at the auctions in the off season specifically for that reason as well, that they're cheaper. But not a lot of great ones.

I agree that given how much money they raise from these things and the money goes to charity, I'm surprised they don't put more up.

The strange thing is I've seen some jerseys get auctioned multiple times, notably that Toby Gerhart Jags London shirt. I remember that one specifically because I recall wanting it.