PDA

View Full Version : Why

yanks12025
09-20-2015, 06:24 AM
Why would people pay this much for this pitchers bat. The guy has had a good year but he's no where near $2,000 plus for a bat.

http://auctions.mlb.com/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?auctionId=794844&pgmode1=teamsearch&pgcust1=&&qt[0].type=fieldmatch&qt[0].name=*&qt[0].value1=*

Redcar23
09-20-2015, 04:01 PM
looks like because two people really want it. comes down to wanting something, not always what collectors feel it is worth. If two people want something bad enough and they have the money for it...go for it...i've overpaid for things before that probably aren't worth what collectors would pay but I wanted it so I stepped up and got it. On auctions that happens a lot with a hyped up player

jbean023
09-20-2015, 05:38 PM
Why would people pay this much for this pitchers bat. The guy has had a good year but he's no where near $2,000 plus for a bat.

http://auctions.mlb.com/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?auctionId=794844&pgmode1=teamsearch&pgcust1=&&qt[0].type=fieldmatch&qt[0].name=*&qt[0].value1=*

I believe it's his 1st career HR bat, he's thrown a no hitter, will be a contender for the Cy Young, and there's about 4 Cubs collectors on mlb auctions that look to have endless wallets.

sox83cubs84
09-20-2015, 05:49 PM
looks like because two people really want it. comes down to wanting something, not always what collectors feel it is worth. If two people want something bad enough and they have the money for it...go for it...i've overpaid for things before that probably aren't worth what collectors would pay but I wanted it so I stepped up and got it. On auctions that happens a lot with a hyped up player

True...all it takes is 2 people with more money than self-control. Over 2 decades ago, I attended the Phiilies Wives auction at Veterans Stadium. A game-used Darren Daulton jersey went for something like $2,200 because of a bidding war between a local radio personality and a young woman who, at the time, was probably Daulton's biggest fan and collector. She won, and, while paying $2,200 for the auction jersey, a well-known Phillies expert (I'm sure you can guess who) offered her a pair of GU Daulton pants for something like $25 or $35. The Daulton babe declined. Go figure!:confused:

Dave Miedema