PDA

View Full Version : Legit? I've searched auctions.seahawks.com and couldn't find this... It looks like a nice piece.

jeriley23
09-22-2015, 05:23 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/331661638221?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Jags Fan Dan
09-22-2015, 06:09 PM
What is the 12 for? And I don't think the photos in the listing are photo-matches.

jeriley23
09-22-2015, 06:18 PM
12 is for the 12s aka the 12th man.

Jags Fan Dan
09-22-2015, 07:08 PM
12 is for the 12s aka the 12th man.

I guess it seems ok, not sure why the twelfth man comes into a presentation ball, but whatever.

Buccaneer Madden
09-22-2015, 07:31 PM
I guess it seems ok, not sure why the twelfth man comes into a presentation ball, but whatever.

You don't know much about the Seahawks do you? The 12 is EVERYWHERE here.

And while I think that ball is cool I can't imagine why Russell would get rid of it and if he did I bet he would donate it to an auction and this guy would have better proof than "I got it as a gift."

COWBOYS4EVR
09-22-2015, 07:57 PM
This guy has been selling presentation balls and game used for quite some time. Some questionable some possible legit. He's got a couple from some big games. Don't see why the players don't keep them and how he ends up getting them?
He used to have a lot of GU footballs, but for some reason the date codes on the football were always scratched off 😳 making it hard to date the year the ball was issued. And most of what he had to sell had the refs stamp made from a sharpie which is easy to duplicate.

dwolfe12345
09-22-2015, 08:15 PM
That guy either paints or has the balls painted. Those are not authentic. He buys game balls and has them altered. Been watching those for a while.

RKO18
09-22-2015, 09:10 PM
Where are the date codes usually located?

Phil316
09-22-2015, 10:45 PM
I have contacted Connie Cate. We shall see what you says regarding the football.

solarlottry
09-23-2015, 01:31 AM
He had two 49er presentation game balls for sale some time ago. One was a Willis from the last game at the 'stick and the other was a Kapernick. The issue I have with all of them is that they appear to have been painted by the same person which strikes me as odd. Why would the 49ers and Seahawks have presentation game balls painted by the same person? Additionally the 49er LOA that came with each ball was non specific.

GMEN92
09-23-2015, 02:10 AM
Definitely don't think it's a match.. Can see the silver paint pen is worn off some in his so called photo match... And it's clean and fresh on the ball at auction...

Secondly the seller usually lists with high buy it now and then relist as auction..
Which I have won something in the past for alot less then his original buy now price...
And of course he cancelled the transaction after I paid.. And said that he took the equipment bag in under consignment and the people didn't want to let it go so cheap... I said that's why they make reserves.... And he even got my negative feedback removed somehow..
Then month later same bag is listed with original high price...

Definitely seems like some shady business with the seller.

And seems like he ended the seahawks ball as well.

Jags Fan Dan
09-23-2015, 04:57 AM
You don't know much about the Seahawks do you? The 12 is EVERYWHERE here.

And while I think that ball is cool I can't imagine why Russell would get rid of it and if he did I bet he would donate it to an auction and this guy would have better proof than "I got it as a gift."

I know all about the 12th man. I just don't know how it gets onto a presentation game all to a player. Just seems odd.

COWBOYS4EVR
09-23-2015, 07:45 PM
Where are the date codes usually located?
2 letter date code on the back. This one was made Oct 2013
Used Dec 2013 vs Washington

dwolfe12345
09-23-2015, 07:46 PM
He had a fake Dez Bryant one a few months back. He gets game balls then finds random photos from the game it was used. Then he either has them painted or paints them and sells them. He has been doing it over a year. Like another member mentioned, they are all painted the same

COWBOYS4EVR
09-23-2015, 07:59 PM
The ref stamps he fakes a lot are \/\/\ JP or 185 and now the SID
And now that you can balls from Wilson with the team name on them. It's
even easier to fake a game ball. That's maybe why the teams went with the teams logo now for this year.
He also has 2 different eBay accounts

SEAFAN76
09-24-2015, 12:07 PM
Aslo, the presentation game balls for Seattle are no longer PAINTER.
They are printed.
The cert is easily faked. Why is Connie doing the cert?
She runs the community outreach program.
I've been given two VMAC tours by her.
http://catalog.scpauctions.com/ItemImages/000027/0649CFallPremier_lg.jpeg

And speaking of her, she's the one that informed me that hey now use a company that makes a sticker, and it's applied to the ball.............
I wanted to turn one of mine into a presentation ball, and didn't think I could paint it good enough. So I did research and saw they were no longer painted and asked her where they had them done. They (her) also had some made for the Seahawks 12k awards. Same balls, she had them made.

My friend Tracey has finished 3rd in her AG and has one.....

http://seahawks12krun.com/event-info/
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t31.0-8/474004_10150783635671757_1775733023_o.jpg

RKO18
09-24-2015, 07:04 PM
2 letter date code on the back. This one was made Oct 2013
Used Dec 2013 vs Washington

Thanks!

How do you read the code to determine the date?

The letter code tells you the date the ball was created, not when it was used, correct?

COWBOYS4EVR
09-24-2015, 11:03 PM
Yes, u are correct.
First letter represents the year an second letter represents the month, according to the letter I got from Wilson.
It helps identify the game if the ball doesn't come with a COA for when it was possibly used. Ref stamps also help too.
Also, it helps identify if the ball is been faked.

RKO18
09-25-2015, 05:53 AM
Yes, u are correct.
First letter represents the year an second letter represents the month, according to the letter I got from Wilson.
It helps identify the game if the ball doesn't come with a COA for when it was possibly used. Ref stamps also help too.
Also, it helps identify if the ball is been faked.

Could you post the letter from Wilson explaining the process?

How do you know what letter equals what month/year?

jeriley23
09-26-2015, 10:54 AM
another one of these gems:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dallas-Cowboys-v-Jacksonville-Jaguars-Tony-Romo-Game-Used-Presentation-Football/181882002046?_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109&_trkparms=aid%3D555012%26algo%3DPW.MBE%26ao%3D2%26 asc%3D33603%26meid%3Df0fd827fa6a04cb2a1d5e34e4cdb1 1c2%26pid%3D100010%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D24%26sd%3D2520 84966636

Jags Fan Dan
09-26-2015, 12:20 PM
another one of these gems:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dallas-Cowboys-v-Jacksonville-Jaguars-Tony-Romo-Game-Used-Presentation-Football/181882002046?_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109&_trkparms=aid%3D555012%26algo%3DPW.MBE%26ao%3D2%26 asc%3D33603%26meid%3Df0fd827fa6a04cb2a1d5e34e4cdb1 1c2%26pid%3D100010%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D24%26sd%3D2520 84966636

That at least looks like a presentation ball, unlike the first one.

solarlottry
09-26-2015, 01:32 PM
I think the problem with all the balls,is that they appear to have been painted by the same person as is the case with the Romo ball. The paint job on the Romo, 49er and Seahawks balls all appear to have been painted by the same artist. Why would three different teams have the same artist paint their presentation balls?

COWBOYS4EVR
09-26-2015, 03:00 PM
IMO.
Ball is probably game issued / used, kinda hard to fake a international stamp. Hmmmm presentation ball I doubt it, why would Romo give up such item.
Plus it happens to be missing the date code stamp as well.

RKO18
09-26-2015, 03:57 PM
IMO.
Ball is probably game issued / used, kinda hard to fake a international stamp. Hmmmm presentation ball I doubt it, why would Romo give up such item.
Plus it happens to be missing the date code stamp as well.

How do you read the letters/numbers of game used balls code to determine when it was made? What # = what, what letter = what?

Buccaneer Madden
09-26-2015, 04:12 PM
So why would they used that ball on 11/9 then again on 12/4 then make it a presentation ball for the 11/9 game?

Gopack1782
09-26-2015, 09:24 PM
Hey Guys,

Just now seeing this thread. I won this Russell Wilson presentation ball from the eBay seller "usrub_vkwjmozkr" back in June.

Sioux4Ever
09-26-2015, 10:13 PM
I think the problem with all the balls,is that they appear to have been painted by the same person as is the case with the Romo ball. The paint job on the Romo, 49er and Seahawks balls all appear to have been painted by the same artist. Why would three different teams have the same artist paint their presentation balls?
I remember back 5-6 years ago my neighbor up here in Forest Lake, MN actually painted game balls for almost every team in the NFL. For the life of me can't remember his name as I moved shortly after but I used to go over there every day and check out the balls he had finished that day and they looked exactly like these. I actually have a few Vikings ones he gave me that were rejects from the team back at my house. I'd post pics but am at school currently.

Phil316
09-26-2015, 10:13 PM
Gopack1782,

Did it come with a certificate of authenticity ? If so please post a picture. Thanks

Phil316
09-26-2015, 10:19 PM
looks like the person changed the pictures to the auction.

if anyone has the original auction pictures please post for future reference.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seattle-Seahawks-v-Green-Bay-Packers-Game-Used-Russell-Wilson-NFC-Football-COA-/331661638221?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=lyLoYNJXbslEuenFv2om5HHmXzQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Gopack1782
09-27-2015, 08:50 AM
Hi "Phil316"

Sorry, no COA that came with the ball. At the time, he had mentioned that he had a Marshawn Lynch presentation ball that he was hanging onto and the Russell Wilson ball that was given to him as a gift. He mentioned he works at the stadium with the military, somewhat of a part time gig and that he's retired.

Seemed like a real nice guy, talked quite a bit.

SEAFAN76
09-28-2015, 01:00 PM

As I stated earlier, the Seahawks don't give out painted balls anymore.

crisco511
09-28-2015, 01:43 PM
Here's an interesting presentation ball. I've had it for about 15 years. I have no idea who the person is or why he was given a presentation ball. The ball looks this way, because it is one of the few survivors of a house fire in 2009.

admin_old
09-30-2015, 02:20 PM
Here's my experience with this seller...

Prior to this thread starting, I was contacted by the seller through ebay. (I had placed a bid on one of her "game used" balls and was outbid.) She stated that she had a couple more game used Patriots balls and would be listing them soon. I inquired what she had and asked for prices. She said she had another game used ball, as well as a Tom Brady presentation ball from 1/10/15. The presentation ball looked cool and had a Patriots team letter (I looked and found many Patriots items with the same type letter). This game was pretty significant, due to Brady passing Montana as the all-time playoff TD leader, the game's role leading up to deflategate, etc.
We eventually agreed on a price of $2000. I figured, team letter, good buyer feedback on other game balls and presentation balls, why not. After sending the money via paypal, off ebay, to a lady named Wanda Camacho, this thread gains steam. I send the link to this discussion to her and asked for a thorough explanation or my immediate money back. Here is the response I got...

"Good evening. I hope you are well. It was a simple situation. I purchased the bat through ebay. the person who sold me the bat told me it was game used. As stated before, I am not a collector. I could did not know the bat was not authentic, as I was led to believe. I have told numerous people this, contacted ebay as well. If you are not 100% comfortable, I will simply refund your money. That was my mistake, I did not know the difference, now I do know how to tell if a Jeter bat is a replica or not. I appreciate your time. I will simply refund your money. As stated before, I feel that I undersold the ball at 2K and feel that I can get more.
k/r

- usrub_vkwjmozkr"

She clearly didn't bother to click on the thread and just saw it was GUU related. I'm not sure why she started talking about the Jeter bat. I found the discussion on here though http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=61206&highlight=jeter+ebay. I will say, I did immediately get my money back, got lucky. This person does appear to have 2 ebay accounts, both referenced in this thread. Both have sold presentation balls all of which have the same handwriting. One of the accounts also sells painted skulls with NFL logos. Anyways... I dodged a bullet, I think. Huge THANKS to you guys. If you have had interactions with this person and need additional information from me, please email me at dougiedshow@aol.com. I will assist in any way I can.

Doug

RKO18
10-06-2015, 09:55 PM
Have you guys ever seen a ball look like this in the area of the manufacturing code?

http://sports.ha.com/itm/football/2007-new-england-patriots-16-0-regular-season-game-used-football-12-29-vs-giants/a/7150-13487.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

marino13
10-07-2015, 12:22 AM
Here's my experience with this seller...

Prior to this thread starting, I was contacted by the seller through ebay. (I had placed a bid on one of her "game used" balls and was outbid.) She stated that she had a couple more game used Patriots balls and would be listing them soon. I inquired what she had and asked for prices. She said she had another game used ball, as well as a Tom Brady presentation ball from 1/10/15. The presentation ball looked cool and had a Patriots team letter (I looked and found many Patriots items with the same type letter). This game was pretty significant, due to Brady passing Montana as the all-time playoff TD leader, the game's role leading up to deflategate, etc.
We eventually agreed on a price of $2000. I figured, team letter, good buyer feedback on other game balls and presentation balls, why not. After sending the money via paypal, off ebay, to a lady named Wanda Camacho, this thread gains steam. I send the link to this discussion to her and asked for a thorough explanation or my immediate money back. Here is the response I got...

"Good evening. I hope you are well. It was a simple situation. I purchased the bat through ebay. the person who sold me the bat told me it was game used. As stated before, I am not a collector. I could did not know the bat was not authentic, as I was led to believe. I have told numerous people this, contacted ebay as well. If you are not 100% comfortable, I will simply refund your money. That was my mistake, I did not know the difference, now I do know how to tell if a Jeter bat is a replica or not. I appreciate your time. I will simply refund your money. As stated before, I feel that I undersold the ball at 2K and feel that I can get more.
k/r

- usrub_vkwjmozkr"

She clearly didn't bother to click on the thread and just saw it was GUU related. I'm not sure why she started talking about the Jeter bat. I found the discussion on here though http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=61206&highlight=jeter+ebay. I will say, I did immediately get my money back, got lucky. This person does appear to have 2 ebay accounts, both referenced in this thread. Both have sold presentation balls all of which have the same handwriting. One of the accounts also sells painted skulls with NFL logos. Anyways... I dodged a bullet, I think. Huge THANKS to you guys. If you have had interactions with this person and need additional information from me, please email me at dougiedshow@aol.com. I will assist in any way I can.

Doug

You are one of the lucky few .... and yes, you dodged a bullet!

Congrats. :D

admin_old
10-07-2015, 05:44 AM
Have you guys ever seen a ball look like this in the area of the manufacturing code?

http://sports.ha.com/itm/football/2007-new-england-patriots-16-0-regular-season-game-used-football-12-29-vs-giants/a/7150-13487.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

I don't know much about the date codes. I have seen psa or nfl authenticated balls with "wc", so I believe Mike Carey marks balls in that manner. The K, as you may know, means it was a kicking only ball. Good luck.

93cobra
10-08-2015, 11:53 AM
run away. how can every auction say "I received this as a gift"

GMEN92
10-10-2015, 03:51 AM
And there at it again....

Same sellers.. Has a "brees" ball that is not good..

It was a Dunbar ball and the sseller removed the sticker name and made a bad attempt to repaint drew brees name on ball..

When however if it was a brees ball it would have been stickers as well.. Not painted

Another member has posted pics in another thread..

jeriley23
12-07-2015, 11:03 PM
Looks like this duche is at it again.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seattle-Seahawks-v-Green-Bay-Packers-Game-Used-Football-Presented-Marshawn-Lynch-/331725226902?hash=item4d3c5d4396:g:nqcAAOSwcBhWXny u

AKSaint
12-08-2015, 12:01 AM
Ya, and they sold the fake Drew Brees NFC Championship Game Ball, that had its own separate thread here, for over $450.00... I sent a report to Ebay but after writing out a narrative of proof of the fabrication of this ball, found that all Ebay allows you to do is report the questionable item numbers. Sad, that they can get away with this type of thing and am I sure the NFL would take great issue with knowing that fraudulent NFL items are being sold for hundreds if not thousands of dollars...

Glad this forum exists to be able to educate at least a few collectors and hopefully spread the word about this and other fraudulent sellers.

Bob

sportsnbikes
12-08-2015, 08:50 AM
Looks like this duche is at it again.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seattle-Seahawks-v-Green-Bay-Packers-Game-Used-Football-Presented-Marshawn-Lynch-/331725226902?hash=item4d3c5d4396:g:nqcAAOSwcBhWXny u

What the hell is the SA code for? Seattle Authentic? I know zero about Seatlle footballs. But not sure why all these players would just hand over or sell their presentation footballs to the same person. I think I'll report this person to the Internet Fraud Division of the FBI. IC3 or ICCC. I have had success in the past with a seller on eBay who ripped me off. Time to take care of these jackholes once and for all.

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

sportsnbikes
12-08-2015, 08:52 AM
Maybe if a bunch of us file a report, some much needed attention can be brought to this seller.

jeriley23
12-08-2015, 06:41 PM
he also has a fake COA that he conjured up from somewhere.

jeriley23
12-08-2015, 07:11 PM
What the hell is the SA code for? Seattle Authentic? I know zero about Seatlle footballs. But not sure why all these players would just hand over or sell their presentation footballs to the same person. I think I'll report this person to the Internet Fraud Division of the FBI. IC3 or ICCC. I have had success in the past with a seller on eBay who ripped me off. Time to take care of these jackholes once and for all.

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

SA does indeed stand for seahawks authentic. No doubt the ball was likely used but the seahawks in a game, not necessarily the NFC championship. The presentation ball or the painting was clearly fabricated.

gaming
12-08-2015, 11:20 PM
I threw this together after about 5 minutes of investigating - This seller is buying off an ebay handle momtoluisandkati (http://www.ebay.com/usr/momtoluisandkati) and usrub_vkwjmozkr (http://myworld.ebay.com/usrub_vkwjmozkr/) vice versa... and the two accounts are playing off each other + they are both out of el paso texas, + look at the ebay adds - each of these ebay accounts have the FAKES displayed on the same wooden floor backdrop..

CHEERS - PS THIS IS NO COINCIDENCE

COWBOYS4EVR
12-08-2015, 11:59 PM
Members beware.
Have noticed that same seller/ both accounts have purchased
from starsportstours. At times SSTours (legit seller)offers 2015 Cowboys GI footballs on eBay.
Now one account either momto or usrub buys there footballs and sells them on the other account. Then all of a sudden nice new sharpie ref marks appear on the ball making it identifiable to a game.
Noticed on the feed back they purchased 3 balls in the last 2 months and now
Last week they were newly marked as used and sold for 350-475.

punter96
12-09-2015, 10:37 PM
I noticed the Cowboy ball purchases as well. I also figured out that the usrub id bought the Jags balls and then resold them. I tried asking how thet were obtained but never got a response...

I was really tempted to buy one of these balls, but I am glad I stayed away.

jeriley23
12-10-2015, 12:57 PM
I contacted Aaron Paul of Seahawks Auctions and he will be talking to Ebay.

AKSaint
12-10-2015, 01:39 PM
I contacted Aaron Paul of Seahawks Auctions and he will be talking to Ebay.

Cool. The more people that report these sellers, the better... Do any of you guys know a contact person for the NFLs Military Volunteer program? I have emails from <momto> from several years ago claiming that she was a volunteer coordinator for the leagues program but the times when I have tried to find any contact info for the program, I have come back empty. That would be a good place to follow up as well.

COWBOYS4EVR
12-10-2015, 10:07 PM
[QUOTE=punter96;388220]I noticed the Cowboy ball purchases as well. I also figured out that the usrub id bought the Jags balls and then resold them. I tried asking how thet were obtained but never got a response...

I purchased the Jags ball, but I had the original sellers info saved. The ball was
identical to the original listing and seller lives in the Jacksonville area.
I had first emailed him when he got a Panthers BCA ball, but it sold unfortunately to usrub b4 I got a response.
Someone out of Michigan is selling Salute to Service Lions footballs. I wouldn't be surprised in a couple weeks those pop up again on ebay with fake referee marks from momto or usrub.

gaming
12-10-2015, 11:11 PM
Would anyone be opposed to all of us creating fake ebay accounts and just "buy it ALL now" everytime they put something up? It would be an effective way to get the stuff off ebay??

gaming
12-10-2015, 11:13 PM
And of course we would never pay, but make the seller file unpaid claims etc, it would frustrate the hell out of them, and they wouldn't be able to move product is FAKES into the market!!

punter96
12-11-2015, 08:19 AM
Did anyone notice that someone left negative feedback to usrub but now it is gone? The comment was along the lines that the ball was fake and that the user was the same as momto...too bad it was probably removed by ebay.

yanks12025
12-11-2015, 08:53 AM
What if we create a fake eBay listing telling people to beware of there items and show proof how they're fake.

gaming
12-11-2015, 04:52 PM
I like that idea Yanks, I think that would make for some great exposure!!! I think this operation should be dubbed "operation fireball" due to all the smoking hot firesale fake deals these sellers are providing!!!

jeriley23
12-15-2015, 11:54 PM
looks like someone bought the ball. poor sucker.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seattle-Seahawks-v-Green-Bay-Packers-Game-Used-Football-Presented-Marshawn-Lynch-/231777602209?

gaming
12-16-2015, 12:29 PM
Hopefully it was a GUU member with a throwaway ebay account.

sprint23
12-23-2015, 07:00 PM
He's still at it. (usrub_vkwjmozkr) has been listing the Game-Used Steelers ball linked below.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...446439&alt=web

During our messaging he claimed he was told by the person that gave him the ball it was from the 2015 Steelers vs. 49ers game. Looking at pics from the game the markings seemed similar and he had come down to a reasonable price so I was considering a purchase to use for some autographs. Then I discovered this ended listing.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...430952&alt=web

This ball was advertised and sold as a practice ball. Analyzing the photos it is a clear 100% match (every white spot, the scratch in the word football, perfect match). The only exception is the referee markings that have "suddenly" appeared on the ball. How wonderful it would be if eBay would do something about these people.

Gopack1782
11-08-2016, 04:23 PM
How is this guy "usrub_vkwjmozkr" still continuing to list these fake painted balls? Last year, he sold me a fake Russell Wilson game ball and through working with a fellow member on the board and threatening to file a police report at the local police station in his town, I was able to get my money back. He has this Torry Holt game ball and several others listed. Unbelievable.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Torry-Holt-Game-Used-Presentation-Football-St-Louis-Los-Angeles-Rams-Future-HOF-/332024723513?&_trksid=p2056016.m2516.l5255

jeriley23
11-29-2016, 08:28 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seattle-Seahawks-vs-Green-Bay-Packers-Game-Used-R-Wilson-Presentation-Football-/232159252531?hash=item360dc51033:g:XZYAAOSwPCVYBsw P

looks like he's at it again.

AKSaint
12-13-2016, 12:02 PM
Ha,

I feel good! Just kept this 1991 New Orleans Saints presentation ball out of the hands of "usrub_vkwjmozkr!" He was the only other bidder and I sniped it away at the last second.

I didn't really need the ball as I already have a similar Toi Cook presentation ball, but it is a nice addition to my Cook collection... I just couldn't stand to see a part of Saints history go to this greedy, forging reseller who has no respect for the game or the hobby.

One small step at a time;)

Bob