Legit? I've searched auctions.seahawks.com and couldn't find this... It looks like a nice piece.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeriley23
    • Mar 2015

Legit? I've searched auctions.seahawks.com and couldn't find this... It looks like a nice piece.

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Seattle Seahawks v Green Bay Packers Game Used Russell Wilson NFC Football COA!! at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!
  • Jags Fan Dan
    • Apr 2007

Re: Legit? I've searched auctions.seahawks.com and couldn't find this... It looks like a nice piece.

What is the 12 for? And I don't think the photos in the listing are photo-matches.

Comment

• jeriley23
      • Mar 2015

Re: Legit? I've searched auctions.seahawks.com and couldn't find this... It looks like a nice piece.

12 is for the 12s aka the 12th man.

Comment

• Jags Fan Dan
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by jeriley23
        12 is for the 12s aka the 12th man.
        I guess it seems ok, not sure why the twelfth man comes into a presentation ball, but whatever.

Comment

• Buccaneer Madden
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Jags Fan Dan
          I guess it seems ok, not sure why the twelfth man comes into a presentation ball, but whatever.
          You don't know much about the Seahawks do you? The 12 is EVERYWHERE here.

And while I think that ball is cool I can't imagine why Russell would get rid of it and if he did I bet he would donate it to an auction and this guy would have better proof than "I got it as a gift."

Comment

• COWBOYS4EVR
            • Dec 2011

This guy has been selling presentation balls and game used for quite some time. Some questionable some possible legit. He's got a couple from some big games. Don't see why the players don't keep them and how he ends up getting them?
            He used to have a lot of GU footballs, but for some reason the date codes on the football were always scratched off 😳 making it hard to date the year the ball was issued. And most of what he had to sell had the refs stamp made from a sharpie which is easy to duplicate.

Comment

• dwolfe12345
              • Sep 2006

That guy either paints or has the balls painted. Those are not authentic. He buys game balls and has them altered. Been watching those for a while.

Comment

• RKO18
                • Sep 2008

Where are the date codes usually located?

Comment

• Phil316
                  • May 2013

I have contacted Connie Cate. We shall see what you says regarding the football.

Comment

• solarlottry
                    • Jan 2009

He had two 49er presentation game balls for sale some time ago. One was a Willis from the last game at the 'stick and the other was a Kapernick. The issue I have with all of them is that they appear to have been painted by the same person which strikes me as odd. Why would the 49ers and Seahawks have presentation game balls painted by the same person? Additionally the 49er LOA that came with each ball was non specific.

Comment

• GMEN92
                      • Jan 2013

Definitely don't think it's a match.. Can see the silver paint pen is worn off some in his so called photo match... And it's clean and fresh on the ball at auction...

Secondly the seller usually lists with high buy it now and then relist as auction..
                      Which I have won something in the past for alot less then his original buy now price...
                      And of course he cancelled the transaction after I paid.. And said that he took the equipment bag in under consignment and the people didn't want to let it go so cheap... I said that's why they make reserves.... And he even got my negative feedback removed somehow..
                      Then month later same bag is listed with original high price...

Definitely seems like some shady business with the seller.

And seems like he ended the seahawks ball as well.

Comment

• Jags Fan Dan
                        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Buccaneer Madden
                        You don't know much about the Seahawks do you? The 12 is EVERYWHERE here.

And while I think that ball is cool I can't imagine why Russell would get rid of it and if he did I bet he would donate it to an auction and this guy would have better proof than "I got it as a gift."
                        I know all about the 12th man. I just don't know how it gets onto a presentation game all to a player. Just seems odd.

Comment

• COWBOYS4EVR
                          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by RKO18
                          Where are the date codes usually located?
                          2 letter date code on the back. This one was made Oct 2013
                          Used Dec 2013 vs Washington
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	703671

Comment

• dwolfe12345
                            • Sep 2006

He had a fake Dez Bryant one a few months back. He gets game balls then finds random photos from the game it was used. Then he either has them painted or paints them and sells them. He has been doing it over a year. Like another member mentioned, they are all painted the same

Comment

• COWBOYS4EVR
                              • Dec 2011

The ref stamps he fakes a lot are \/\/\ JP or 185 and now the SID
                              And now that you can balls from Wilson with the team name on them. It's
                              even easier to fake a game ball. That's maybe why the teams went with the teams logo now for this year.
                              He also has 2 different eBay accounts

Comment

Working...