PDA

View Full Version : Question of the day

batterymates
01-20-2007, 12:47 AM
Hey guys...hope everyone's new year is going well. I can't believe that the month is coming to a close so fast. So before the year gets completely away from us, I was wondering: What is on your agenda this year that you hope to add to your collection?

mjkm90
01-20-2007, 07:41 AM
This is difficult. I have a several categories I watch out for and have never put together a formal want list like Aaron. That being said, I would like to add at least four Cubs pin-backs, two figural pieces, and three nice pennants. Before I do anything however, I need to start selling what I'm not in love with. I just purchased a killer digital camera, so the first step has been taken:D

slidekellyslide
01-20-2007, 12:33 PM
I am 100% on staying focused in my collecting this year. My major want for this year was already fulfilled when I picked up a copy of Guy Green's Nebraska Indians Baseball Team: A Complete History (1900). I suppose I can look for a better copy, but the one I bought is the only one I have ever seen and the only other one I know of resides in Yale's rare book and manuscripts collection. I doubt they'll go for my trade offer. :D

In the meantime I will focus on my photograph collection, Lincoln minor league memorabilia and trying to finish my Scrapps set.

ps...Mike you really need to check out the Hunt's auction that just went online yesterday.

mjkm90
01-20-2007, 04:46 PM
Dan, eight years ago I found a near set of Scrapps (14 total) on two sheets for $200. I steamed them off and sold them at the Cleveland National. It was fun being chased around by the dealers who wanted them.

mjkm90
01-20-2007, 05:02 PM
That 1935 Cubs v Tigers pennant in Hunts is beeeeeautiful. I can't wait to get the catalog.