PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady's 400th career TD

danesei@yahoo.com
09-27-2015, 08:20 PM
Do you think Brady made security take the ball back?

akrover
09-28-2015, 07:55 PM
The guy is a season ticket holder and made the rounds today on boston radio. He traded the ball back for another one and a bunch of other stuff. He wanted to do it, but he still thinks there is more coming. Why anyone random Joe would just turn over a ball worth 5 or 6 figures always boggles my mind.

psmachetti
09-28-2015, 08:19 PM
What the hell was Pats WR thinking handing the ball to a fan?

sox83cubs84
09-29-2015, 12:32 PM
The guy is a season ticket holder and made the rounds today on boston radio. He traded the ball back for another one and a bunch of other stuff. He wanted to do it, but he still thinks there is more coming. Why anyone random Joe would just turn over a ball worth 5 or 6 figures always boggles my mind.

He may not have realized the significance of the touchdown ball. Back in the late 1990s, Carlos Beltran's first MLB HR was at Comiskey Park. Not only did the fan who caught it throw it bacck on the field, but the security guard who retrieved it gave it to a fan in the box seats. To this day I don't know if Beltran ever got the ball or not.

Dave Miedema

akrover
10-01-2015, 06:20 AM
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/the_blitz/2015/09/tom_brady_meets_with_fan_who_returned_his_400th_td _footballYou

Pretty cool.

akrover
10-01-2015, 06:23 AM
Whoops, that copied wrong and I can't edit it. Sorry.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/the_blitz/2015/09/tom_brady_meets_with_fan_who_returned_his_400th_td _football

mad87man
10-01-2015, 07:14 AM
I don't know how much people outside of this hobby think or know what what some of it is worth. If it's jerseys, balls, or anything else. I was talking to s New Jersey collector and he couldn't believe a Brady jersey sells for 20,000+. This hobby is its own secret in a way

ivo610
10-01-2015, 11:00 AM

6 figures? That seems a bit far fetched. iconic baseballs seem to fetch a pretty penny but Im not sure footballs ever reach that far

akrover
10-03-2015, 11:33 AM
6 figures? That seems a bit far fetched. iconic baseballs seem to fetch a pretty penny but Im not sure footballs ever reach that far

Definitely true, but I wouldn't be totally shocked. The deflategate ball sold for what? $44,000? So you're most likely right, but you never know.

sox83cubs84
10-09-2015, 07:41 PM
As a side note, msnsports.com reported that Brady tracked down the fan who willingly traded back the milestone TD pass, and signed an undetermined number of memorabilia items for him.

Dave Miedema

danesei@yahoo.com
10-17-2015, 08:18 PM

I think there's a possibility of it being a $50k+ number. It would be the first ball of its kind to hit the market, and Brady would certainly bid on the ball, himself. If a wealthy Massachusetts business person, one of the Kraft family, or Brady end up in a bidding war on the ball, it could get pretty high pretty quick.

Consider how many GU footballs of significance come to market. The vast majority of them are non-specific balls that were used in a specific game.

This would be like getting Randy Johnson's 4000th strikeout baseball.